Mathews and a Rage

Allen Kitts

I was privileged enough to take this buck on Sunday the 5th while hunting in Ohio. The shot was 21 yards, very slightly quartering to me. I was in a tree stand about twenty feet up so the angle was down. My setup is a Mathews V3X-33, 70lbs., Victory RIP TKO arrows, 100 Grain Rage Trypan Boneheads, Carter 4 Finger Release, Spot Hogg Fast Eddie Adjustable Single Pin Sight shooting my 350 grain set-up at 290 FPS. Upon the release the arrow plowed straight through and the deer catapulted through the air and took off like a raped ape. He went thirty yards almost to the foot, stopped blew blood all over the place and expired within ten seconds. The picture through the trees is from my stand. Two buck in two years from the same stand, same setup, same results. This bow/broadhead set-up is hell on whitetails.
Bloody Arrow.jpgDeer thorugh Trees.jpgFinal Resting Place.jpgBuck with Bow.jpgDeer Photo LG.jpg

Attachments

• Sunset on Tagout day.jpg
    Sunset on Tagout day.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 69
Fun I use to bow hunt Mt pretty hard for. whitey, before I got the muley bug in my forties.Im shooting a v3x-33 also and a Carter,super slims, but probably going to a FMJ in spring.

Good job and great buck !
I like Rage expandables. I've taken 3 cow elk with them. A couple cow elk with the old Votex 2.5 expandable 2 blade. It tore a big hole.