March or Swarovski

sika64

Decided to go March over Leupold , But what about March vs Swarovski. Would be looking at the X5i or Z6i. Tracking and glass comparison please.

I own a couple March scopes but no Swarovski scopes. I'd find it pretty impressive if Swarovski was as good of a
Scope as March is. I have a couple 60 power march scopes one being a high master and they are very nice scopes. I however don't hunt with them. I shoot benchrest with them. You can't go wrong with March but I can't speak for
Swarovski one way or the other.

Although I own several Swarovski scopes I only have one Z6 which is the 2.5-15x44mm BT non illuminated. Also I have a March 2.5-25x42mm Hunting scope with exposed turrets. Glass wise I find the Swarovski just a smidgen better but it is very close, both scopes handle looking toward the setting sun extremely well. The BT system on the Z6 will let me shoot to around 750m with the 25-06 that it is mounted on but that is about all. The big bonus with the March, which is also on a 25-06, is it has 100 MOA of windage and elevation adjustment available. As far as tracking goes both these scopes track very accurately. Here in NZ the March mentioned is currently about $1000 cheaper than the Swarovski Z6. Sorry I have no info on the X5i. I hope this helps.
Kiwikid

My only experience with Swarovski Z6 is when a friend brought his over to compare with my Bushnell. The 6500 definitely had better glass than the Z six 5 to 30. After this comparison he sold the Z6. I had four Z5. Two had good glass. Too inconsistent for me to buy another.

For the long range group of shooters, why buy Swaros when they only care to build hunting scopes. Durability requirements with serious clicking requires emphasis beyond just good optics.

I've been shooting a .338 Edge with the Swarovski X5 5-25x56. It tracks well, has good clarity, and has endured a heck of a lot of use this year. I've packed it, stacked it on other gear in the front of my boat and slung it over my shoulder while riding ten hour days on an ATV. The zero point has held perfectly. I've even made multiple twenty yard (loooong range) shots on game this year with pinpoint accuracy. Whilst I do not have comparative data to share with you I have no regrets about the investment that I've made in this hunting scope and would recommend it without hesitation. Richard Utting's comparison of multiple scopes on YouTube was the key to my purchase.

For the long range group of shooters, why buy Swaros when they only care to build hunting scopes. Durability requirements with serious clicking requires emphasis beyond just good optics.

They cater to the shooting crowd. It's called Kahles optics. Both owned by the same company.

In my opinion there is no comparison between the March and the Zs. The real comparison is between the March and the X5. They are both awesome scopes. The March is lighter. They both track. Glass is awesome in both. You can not go wrong with either.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.