Can you give some detail on how you bedded the recoil lug? I have several of the 1976 M77 guns and would like to improve the accuracy. THX--Derral--
The traditional way, using a Brownells acraglass kit. Used clay to keep it to only the recoil lug area. If you are truly interested in trying it, I would do plenty of research, its not without risk.

I still have my dad's old swift. Pre 64 model 70 with a Lilja barrel in a McMillan marksman stock. I think this is barrel number 8. I don't shoot it much but I do take it out once a year to the prairie dog towns as a memorial to Dad. It really delivers the long range energy! 400 yard pd's learn to fly and other aerobic tricks. Thanks for the memories.

Always like seeing info from another Swift user.
Interested in the loads that you used in the new rifle, powders, bullets, etc.
Gary
I ran H4350 under the 75 ELDM's, they run at about 3400fps without any pressure signs.
The 55hp's I shoot are over IMR4895 (I have like 12lbs of it so...) and they were crossing the chronograph at 3900.

Love dem Tangers

IMG_5329.jpeg

That's a pretty bada^& rifle.

I kept mine traditional. My son actually claimed this one. My McMillan was purchased in 2014 when they still made for them. Not much aftermarket love for them anymore.