Looking for a non range place to shoot near Fairbanks, AK!

TacticalHits

I just moved up from Oregon to Fairbanks and I'm looking for a place to shoot. I would like to shoot somewhere other than a gun range. At least 100yds but the further the better. Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks Nathan

I can't believe that with 176 views nobody can tell me of a safe place to shoot without going to a range? In Oregon there are dozens around almost every town! There has to be somewhere to shoot around Fairbanks. I don't expect it to be 5 min away though.

Don't know of a " non range " but the last time I was in Fairbanks my buddy took me to the "municipal range" 300 yd, lots of table/stands and it was empty. That was before our moose hunt in Sept. 2012. Was quite ok. Hope this helps some.

Don't know of a " non range " but the last time I was in Fairbanks my buddy took me to the "municipal range" 300 yd, lots of table/stands and it was empty. That was before our moose hunt in Sept. 2012. Was quite ok. Hope this helps some.
Try 38 mile Chena Hot Springs Rd or across the Parks Hwy where it intersects the Old Nenana Rd in Ester.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.