Longest 22 Rimfire Shot on a Prairie Dog?

Not as long range as some of you guys but I've hit 2 crows at 247 yards with my savage mk2 btvss and a el cheapo center point scope with mil-dots. I didn't anchor either one so I stopped doing it. Got blood and feathers but that was it.

I have a Winchester model 52c built in the late 1930's, and its a dang good shooter. I just started stretching it out this summer, but my best is only 320 yards, on my 5th shot. My limitation with that gun right now is the optic. I don't have enough adjustment to stretch it out any farther than about 320 yards ha ha!! Those of you really reaching out there, are you using adjustable rings to get more elevation out of them? I know of a company that makes quick adjustable rings, I have thought about trying them out.

I just bought a CZ 455 Trainer. My suppressor guy said to shoot sub sonic ammo, suppressed of course, and out to 300 it is proving two things: one, it WILL group under an MOA and two, it needs at least a 20 - 25 MOA rail with a scope with a lot of come ups! But it is crazy fun! I agree that long shots on PDs with a 22 ain't very humane, but golf balls and clay targets are supin else!

I have a Remington 40X in 22RF. It has a 14" twist (faster than usual).
I put a Leupold 6.5-20x40 VX-III EFR, and mounted the scope in Burris Signature ZEE rings. It is set up, so the elevation turret is at the bottom of it's travel, when the rifle is "0"ed at 100 yds. It has an "Anti-cant" bubble on it.
This gives me 40 minutes of up.
It has a suppressor fitted, and I shoot CCI 45gr HP "Suppressor" ammo out of it..
I have killed feral barn pigeons as far as 290 yds with it on very calm days.

I have a Remington 40X in 22RF. It has a 14" twist (faster than usual).
I put a Leupold 6.5-20x40 VX-III EFR, and mounted the scope in Burris Signature ZEE rings. It is set up, so the elevation turret is at the bottom of it's travel, when the rifle is "0"ed at 100 yds. It has an "Anti-cant" bubble on it.
This gives me 40 minutes of up.
It has a suppressor fitted, and I shoot CCI 45gr HP "Suppressor" ammo out of it..
I have killed feral barn pigeons as far as 290 yds with it on very calm days.
Hey Cat--I remember reading once about the 290 yard pigeons. Tell us some more about your setup--what sort of hundred yd. groups are you getting out of those 45g CCI's?

I do the same with my setups. Just recently I put a 2X Nikon on a Ruger Mk III using Burris PA insert rings, and shimmed the +20 bottom with credit card shim between insert and scope body to get just about as much as I could out of the turrets. (that optic has a target turret system rated at 120 MOA travel). Now I have about 105 useable UP from 50-yd. zero, with a Plex reticle that nets me 20 MOA X-hair to plex post tip for windage reference. That setup has been responsible for a lot of calculated very long-range plinking fun over the years I've had it off and on that little pistola'.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.