Long Range

TMT307

What would you do if you had an ELR black powder muzzleloader with a repeater action? 3+ 1

I see lots of big western states records being crushed.

What would you do if you had an ELR black powder muzzleloader with a repeater action? 3+ 1

I see lots of big western states records being crushed.

What muzzleloading rifle has a repeating action (3+1) ?

Most state laws most likely wouldn't allow a repeater, as it would have to be loaded from the muzzle, which would likely require a multiple barreled rifle.

Think out side of the box. It's in final development. One barel,one breach plug and loads a 45 cal projectile threw the muzle, powder and primer fed threw mag well in a repeater short action. It's not going to fit the primitive box that most eastern states have put themselves in.

The ONLY reason i have a muzzleloader is to be able to hunt more by taking advantage of hunting the different seasons (muzzleloader). So with that being said, for ME it doesn't matter how neat, cool, or convenient it is if it doesn't comply with my areas regulations and is deemed illegal for me to use during muzzleloader season. Again my ML is strictly for killing deer. It gets a sighter shot before each season and shot when taking game. Other than that it is in the safe. But for someone that could use it for hunting then I guess there would be a better market for it there.

Think out side of the box. It's in final development. One barel,one breach plug and loads a 45 cal projectile threw the muzle, powder and primer fed threw mag well in a repeater short action. It's not going to fit the primitive box that most eastern states have put themselves in.

Guessing it could be possible, maybe using a piece of primed and propellant contained brass, that could be fed into a matched breech plug?
That would be a feat getting a large enough volume of propellant without using some type of longer rifle case. A case necked piece of brass might very well provide a great seal for blowback?

With muzzleloaders, it is generally considered by about all, that Long Range begins after 200yds. ELR meaning Extreme Long Range, at what range are you/they considering ELR?

Is this a BP, BPS rifle, or a smokeless propellant rifle?

There's a limited few eastern states that require primitive, always the one that comes to mind first is Penn. However most eastern and mid-west states allow inline rifles, with some states allowing smokeless propellants. One could argue that its the western states with the most limitations....

What I would do is try to design it to shoot Smokeless powder. In my opinion thats the only way to go long range with muzzle loader. I like your idea.

You can use your nogan all you want to think out side of any box but sometimes a person does need to be realistic. MONTANA, IDAHO AND WASHINGTON states are extremely specific in their ultra conservative traditional regulations. This is called a peace meal offing to negioate with the bow hunting group and their sever lobbying efforts. Spend millions on inventions and you will get nothing in return for compromises on regulations. I would start on changing the system first then invent better technology to suite the new regulations.

Sounds like a solution in search of a problem. I don't see the point and I've shot BP subs out to 500 yards with MOA results.

I shoot a smokeless muzzleloader. Mine is made by AGI muzzleloaders. Mine is a trued remington with a 1in20 twist 30" Krieger. I shoot a unsaboted 325gr Pittman Aeromax bullet (with a B.C. of .414) @ 2930 fps. Ive shot sub 6" groups @800 yds and many groups under 1/4moa out to 500yd . Its not a repeater but if I do my part no animal I've shot needed another. I also have an 18" barrel smokeless with a suppresor for in the treestand work.

I shoot a smokeless muzzleloader. Mine is made by AGI muzzleloaders. Mine is a trued remington with a 1in20 twist 30" Krieger. I shoot a unsaboted 325gr Pittman Aeromax bullet (with a B.C. of .414) @ 2930 fps. Ive shot sub 6" groups @800 yds and many groups under 1/4moa out to 500yd . Its not a repeater but if I do my part no animal I've shot needed another. I also have an 18" barrel smokeless with a suppresor for in the treestand work.

What powder are you using?

I don't know about them, but I have two Smokless ML's. in my Savage semi custom 45 caliber I short 5 gr red dot and 60 gr H4198 and a 45 caliber 250 Bonded bullet at 2800 fps. My other one is a lighter handier rifle for tree stands and is a NEF shotgun converted to 45 caliber smokeless by SMI and I shoot 60 gr N120 with a 260 gr Nosler partition.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts