Long-Range Prairie Dog Setups

sscoyote

Have shot PD's in the past, but haven't really gotten into it until recently. What kind of setups are you guys using for longer distances?

Yessir! It's more fun than a gun....IMO. I now have an old PSE I bought at a garage sale that fits my draw length well, and is only 40 lbs. (for older little guys). Have shot some carbons out of it and it works pretty good. Using rounded machine screws for small, penetrating, blunt-like performance that I've used in the past with my old Mathews Z-Max 60 lb'er. Going out next week to shoot some. Have shot this guy out to 80 yds., but I'm thinking maybe 60 yds. is about the end of it's (and my) accuracy capability. I also have some old 1714 X7's that might work out of it as well. These were old hand-me-down arrows that I have a bunch of. Anyone else trying to get out to longer ranges on PD's with their systems? Love to hear about it and other ideas.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.