level 3 tac upgrade

Dorge

We at Firenock has done quite a few upgrades for the PSE Tac crossbow. * We are now offering the 3rd round of upgrade.* First we start with full titanium fasteners upgrade kit which reduced the weight up to 6 oz off the bow. * We then make the aerorest for Tac which significant minimize the wear and accuracy issue with the OEM standard rest as you use it more often.* Now we added the titanium bus cable support/string stop bar upgrade, to what we call the level 3.* For those who love the PSE Tac but was not thrill about how the 2 cables rub against each other, slow down your bow, and may cause premature string wear; Firenock now offer this upgrade kit to replace the original 2 large aluminum cable/bumper with custom design GR5 titanium bars, Limb saver string stops, and 2 nylon cable rollers.* This system minimize the cable wear, friction, and is lighter weight than what the factory offers.* This is only available if you call or email into our office as we only make a few sets due to not knowing the demand for this upgrade, so supply is very limited.* The kit price is $119.95 which include the 2 titanium bars, 2 nylon rollers, and 2 limb saver string stops.* This system will work on 3 or four vane configurations; and is design to clear Aerovane II even with Tac 15 elite or ordnance.* It will also work on Tac 15 and 15i.* Due to reduce in friction, and vibration, up to a 5fps gain has been observed.
TiTacBar1.jpg
TiTacBar2.jpg
TiTacBar3.jpg
TiTacBar4.jpg

It looks good. Does it come in black (black rods + black rollers)? The rollers could be made out of UHMW PE 1000.

It looks good. Does it come in black (black rods + black rollers)? The rollers could be made out of UHMW PE 1000.

Currently, the rods are made of raw GR5 titanium and the roller are heavy pressure non-pliable nylon.

ok I see.

What about I send you my stop bars so you can reverse engineer them.

let me know.

ok I see.

What about I send you my stop bars so you can reverse engineer them.

let me know.
I would prefer the entire front end which PSE is try to locate one for me .. thank you for that though.

Dorge

I really like the level three. Had some problems of the string jumping on top of the limb saver bumpers. Cut the top of the cup off and it stopped the problem. Then another major problem. After aprox 250 to 300 shots, the string broke at the steel wrap around on the right side. It had to break after the shot because my arrow was still on target at 110 yards. I believe there is some kind of string whipping going on at steel wrap arounds. Ordered a new set of strings from LRH and hopefully get things going again. Don't know if I should let PSE know or not. I will put up with some of these problems because of the unbelievable accuracy of the Ordinance. It is so comfortable to shoot at over 100 yards knowing the arrow will be where I shoot it.

For those who love the PSE Tac 15 and 15i but was not thrill about how the 2 cables rub against each other, slow down your bow, and may cause premature string wear; Firenock now offer this upgrade kit to replace the original 2 large aluminum cable/bumper with custom design GR5 partially "HOLLOW" titanium bars, Limb saver string stops, and 2 nylon cable rollers. This system minimize the cable wear, friction, and is lighter weight than what the factory offers.
It is not available on our web store titanium parts for Tac. http://whop.firenock.com
The kit price is the same for the Tac15 Elite and Ordnance at $119.95 which include the 2 titanium bars, 2 nylon rollers, and 2 limb saver string stops. This system will work on 3 or four vane configurations; and is design to clear Aerovane II. Due to reduce in friction, and vibration, up to a 5fps gain has been observed.
Tac15i_2.jpg
Tac15i_3.jpg

Tac15i_4.jpg
Tac15i_5.jpg

hey dorge is this good for the tac-15i now as well as the elite

There are 2 different sets. One for TAC 15/15i, the other for TAC 15 Elite/Ordnance, BOTH are available now.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.