Len's Big Mule Deer Taken With The New LRR Mountain Rifle

ADMIN

Administrator
Three years ago I booked an LRH Group Deer Hunt with Robb Wiley of Non-Typical Outfitters for 2015. Three years is a long time to wait when you are relentlessly teased over the years with pictures of other big bucks taken by his clients in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Finally it was September of 2015.

I had planned to hunt with my own rifle in the very popular new 28 Nosler cartridge but made a last minute change. In mid-summer the first, prototype lightweight LRR Mountain Rifle was shipped to my customer - Richard S - just in time for his Alaskan Dall Sheep hunt.Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Len's Big Mule Deer Taken With The New LRR Mountain Rifle, By Len Backus. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Len,
Congratulations on your success.
What a great mule deer!!! You hunt hard, and earned it.
Non Typical Outfitters is a GREAT outfit to hunt with. Thank you for introducing me to them.
Looking forward to hunting with them for years to come.
Jim Hurst

For a man who appeared on his deathbed every morning ,you stuck it out a harvested a real dandy buck.I'll post some pictures as soon as i figure out how.great hunt,Larry

Thanks, guys.

Turns out my illness included a nasty sinus infection which finally responded to antibiotics on the way home. Meanwhile on the hunt it sure set back my aerobic capacity...which I had worked really hard to develop all year.

I head back next week for the rifle elk hunt feeling back to normal!

Curious to know what your load data was for that gun. I shoot the same caliber and love it. Shot a mule deer (not as big as yours) in Utah this year with the 130 Berger VLD's at 3250 fps in a 26" barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.