• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Krieger 6.5mm Featherweight Barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edd,
Pre 64 Winchester taper mentioned a couple of times, would this barrel thread to a Remington 700, or Ruger #1 action.

I assume it would, but it's not something I have thought about as the smith's have all ordered my previous barrels.
Thanks,
Carl

The barrel is not threaded so it could be threaded and screwed into a lot of different actions. The breech end of the barrel blank has a 1.250" diameter.

A Remington 700 action has a 1.062" thread stock and .015"-.020" larger for a trued one, so this barrel will work fine for that. I ordered this blank for a Remington Model 7 action. A Model 7 has the same size threads that a 700 has. The reason I'm not using it is my stock has a molded barrel channel and this barrel is about .050" too big at the for end tip. I ordered another barrel with a different style taper that was smaller in that area.

I don't know what size thread a Ruger action has.

Some people use a 1.250" breech diameter blank for threads up to 1.125" but I don't think that is a good practice.

It won't finish at 24 inches. If you machine the breech end to a Model 70 Featherweight style and cut an inch off of the muzzle, it will finish at 22". If you leave the breech like it is and cut an inch off of the muzzle, it will finish at 23 inches.

Sorry man, I sold my model 70 feather weight.

Only 6 days left to purchase this if you want it by Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.