KC area?

Lunchmeat79

Anyone know of a good range withing an hour or two of the KC metro? I know of the range by Parkville, but i think it is mostly hand gun and short range. Would like to be able to get out at least few hundred yards. Any info is appreciated.

You can check out Mill Creek Rifle Club they go out to 500yd I think. It's a private range though. Membership is too steep for me. I've never been there but I think that's gonna be the closest thing to KC your gonna find that goes to any decent distance.

Thanks. That's more along the lines of what I'm looking for, but it is pretty spendy. Maybe a Christmas present to myself. I just relocated back to the area after a decade in western south dakota. I had forgotten how hard it is to find a place to shoot or get away from crowds in general is around here. I geuss I got spoiled by having such great access to wide open public land.

Lunchmeat79

I would love to find a place as well. Lol same scenario for me to. I moved up here from SE Kansas and our family farm i had free run of. I still go back as often as i can but it a drag to drive 150+ miles one way to shoot. Lol this has forced me to pick up the bow again as this city is loaded with deer. If i find something i will post it.

I'm an hour south of KC and have a private 1000 yard range. PM me if you want to come down and shoot some weekend. I only have the 1000yard target setup nothing closer my targets can handle 338 lapua and smaller calibers no 50 BMG's allowed. Amplified muffs are a plus to be able to hear the hits on the steel.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.