• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Junk 338/378 wby brass

Calfarmer

This brass is probably no good, it will not feed any more in my rifle so selling as junk but maybe you can resize it differently than I have tried
Or can do something with it?
29 pieces
15 shipped

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Odds are 99% your FL sizing die is not resizing the brass properly right in front of the belt. You can probably confirm this by measuring any virgin brass you have (right in the front of the belt) then a piece of brass you think is "junk" and if the junk brass is .004 or so larger than a virgin brass you have found your problem. The .004 is an estimate, the number could be a little bigger- but probably not smaller. Bottom line is your FL sizing die is not fully resizing the brass right in front of the belt; very common issue.

The fix is normally a "body die" or custom FL die from Whidden, etc.

Hey I'm sure your correct and no it's probably not sizing enough but i really don't think it's able to do much more unless like you said getting a body die or something special.
I have a lot of this brass and new brass and I do not shoot it at all really so I figured I can do with out the bad stuff and used up brass and shoot what I have loaded and it'll be enough to last my lifetime
Thanks for the input
I have even taken a file and filed down the area around the belt and got more firings out of the brass
Probably not the smartest or most efficient way but it worked but I'm sure that area could be pretty thin

Nope that's another reason why these should just be used for maybe dummy to set a trimmer or seat bullets for a oal length dummy to set your die, idk flower pot haha

Recent Posts