• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Issue with BRADO16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do not do ANY business with BRADO16

I actually really hate putting this out in the open. But I sent him two messages asking for my money back and no response for two weeks even though it has shown him as logging on during those two weeks. I feel that I have been pretty patient in waiting 2 months. Hopefully, he is a good guy and wants to do the right thing and refund my money. All would be good and can go back to normal if that happened.

I've bought and sold probably 100+ items on here, gunbroker, colt forum, fb, etc. and (knock on wood) never had an issue. I have heard though from others that is next to impossible for insurance claims on certain shooting items to be resolved with insurance claims or specifically PayPal.

If you do the whole buyer and seller thing on PayPal (not on a gun), you should have some buyer protection. You'll likely pay the commission for it, but I kind of think of it as buyers insurance.

If you EXPECT someone to ship something insured, it should probably be stated clearly in the PM's.

However, no item after this long should be a refund. I'd give the guy an opportunity to speak before passing judgement, but hopefully this works out for you Korhil.

I've bought and sold probably 100+ items on here, gunbroker, colt forum, fb, etc. and (knock on wood) never had an issue. I have heard though from others that is next to impossible for insurance claims on certain shooting items to be resolved with insurance claims or specifically PayPal.

If you do the whole buyer and seller thing on PayPal (not on a gun), you should have some buyer protection. You'll likely pay the commission for it, but I kind of think of it as buyers insurance.

If you EXPECT someone to ship something insured, it should probably be stated clearly in the PM's.

However, no item after this long should be a refund. I'd give the guy an opportunity to speak before passing judgement, but hopefully this works out for you Korhil.[/
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/custom-338-lapua-145705/

My bad ddd. I read your post wrong.

Anyway, he seemed like a nice guy through PMs. But I have had no response from him for two weeks even though he has logged on and probably read my PMs like I said. I don't know the guy so for right now, I wouldn't want anyone to get caught up in something like this until it gets figured out. I even waited a week after I sent the first PM and seeing that he logged on. I sent another PM, waited another week, he logged on just the other day. I don't know what else to do except hope that he is gonna make it right. If he doesn't then at least we will know.

Sorry to hear about your issue. I bought a Schmidt & Bender scope from him back in July. Everything went smoothly despite him being in Alaska during the transaction. Good communication via phone, PM's and email. Hope you get it worked out.

He has logged on 2 or three times in the past month so it is sporadic. I am not judging his character as of yet. I hope nothing bad has happened to him or his family. All I ask for is communication. If something is wrong then I understand. But how long am I to wait for a response? I even changed the title because it sounded way too offensive.

Couple of things...
I purchased a very expensive HS precision rifle from Brado some time ago and the transaction was flawless.

As was mentioned here, it is foolish to use paypal for anything gun or ammo related and to not realize things could go south. IT IS AGAINST THEIR POLICY.
I like paypal, but they don't do gun stuff.
Paypal is used by the NRA for membership buys, etc, but Paypal doesn't want the potential for gun buying/trafficking--this is a subject for another day, and I won't argue it with anyone here.

For someone to expect insurance without discussing it prior is foolish.
Anything could be lost or damaged during shipping and how is that the fault of the seller? What if the postman delivered an item and the package was stolen off someone's porch?
There are instances when a seller does a ****poor job of labeling/taping etc. and the label comes off or the box opens and the item is lost. This happened to me and the seller luckily got the item back, and only then refunded me. I was ****ed--it took two months to get my money back due to a sellers stupidity. I refused to have him resend a Zeiss scope to me, I washed my hands of him. There are times when the seller is at fault!

I don't sell anything of any real value with out using USPS priority. The shorter the time that the PO has something the less chance there is for fubar.
I won't utilize insurance unless buyer insists, recovering an insurance claim through the PO is a total nightmare. Waste of time.

If Brado has logged on he should respond to the buyer, there is no excuse for that imho. Hopefully we'll hear his side and things will be resolved amiably.

No one expected insurance so I don't know where you are getting that from.

As for me, this is just how I do business. If I send something in the mail to a buyer and it is damaged, lost etc., I feel obligated to give the buyer their money back REGARDLESS of whether there was insurance on it or not. The buyer was expecting a product and didn't get it.

I am hoping for an amiable resolution to this as well as I have no ill will towards him.

It is a tough deal no doubt. And paypal will be zero help with something contrary to their policy.

I've had hundreds of deals online and I've been fortunate--zero problems with my sales. I always stand behind my stuff, I can appreciate your take, Korhil.

I'm sorry to hear about this happening to u. I find it disgusting that he has not contacted u in any way.I don't care if u have sold something to every member on this sight and they all were perfect, it takes one shady deal to ruin a man's reputation and if he has logged on and not contacted u then he doesn't care about being a man of his word. I hope it works out for u but I would probably not get my hopes up. I hope 200 bucks was worth this guys reputation because now his name will always be second guessed before buying something from him.

(Discusting)+

I'm sorry to hear about this happening to u. I find it disgusting that he has not contacted u in any way.I don't care if u have sold something to every member on this sight and they all were perfect, it takes one shady deal to ruin a man's reputation and if he has logged on and not contacted u then he doesn't care about being a man of his word. I hope it works out for u but I would probably not get my hopes up. I hope 200 bucks was worth this guys reputation because now his name will always be second guessed before buying something from him.

(Discusting)+

Well lets not get too carried away. Everyone that has posted and bought something from him has had nothing but good to say about him. I wouldn't think that he would sell an expensive rifle and scope to different people with smooth transactions and then all of the sudden try to start screwing people over (hopefully it is not the case). Especially for $205. I just don't know what else to do after he has logged on here after I have sent him messages wanting my money back and he has not even tried to get in touch with me.

But thanks for hoping that it all turns out good.

FYI, virtually every time I use Paypal I pay via my credit card (Cabelas) not from my bank account. Cabelas is very, very good about refunding for non-received goods, and it adds in a layer of protection. Plus I get a few more Cabelas points. :D

Have you contacted the post office again? I have shipped hundreds of items with a few "disappearing" for a week or two. after a few nice conversations with the post office they have been "found" and received by the buyer.

In the end, it wasnt his fault that they lost the package, but i am not in his corner either.

however, this is a great big world, and at times, we all dont have time to check our emails. stay patient, i can understand your frustration, but stick with what you know, and you can contact the post office everyday to try and track it down.

Buyer pays for the package to be delivered in the agreed price of the sale. Seller is responsible to mail product to buyer. If buyer does not receive then seller returns money and takes his fight up with the actual mail or shipping company. RETURN THE MONEY

Well he finally answered my PM and this is what he had to say.

Brado16 said:
I have not heard anything either from USPS either so I'm guessing the package is long gone. I will reimburse you the 50 I am going to get from USPS which all Priority Mail packages are insured for. I sent the package and am out the bullets, I am not going to reimburse you the entire amount as well. In my opinion it's the buyers responsibility to have the package insured in case something like this happens. I have shipped numerous packages via USPS, UPS and FedEx and this is the first package that has been lost. Send me your PP address again so I can send the $50 please. I sorry this happened but its out of my control. Thanks.

Korhil78 said:
It's been months now and still no berger 130 gr VLD bullets. Can you refund my money now?

As for me, if it is above a certain amount and I am the seller, I insure everything I send myself. It is my product until it gets to the buyer. If it gets lost or does not get to the buyer then I am liable for it. And if I didn't insure it then as the seller I am still responsible to pay the seller back. Insurance was never discussed but even so I believe that the seller is responsible to get the product to the buyer and if not then the buyer gets his money back no matter what.

I will never do business with Brado16 again and just want everyone to know what kind of person you are dealing with if something does go wrong during the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.