• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Issue with BRADO16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korhil78

This is the fist time that I have ever had to do this and I hate to do it. But I figured that I would warn all of you about BRADO16. I would not do any business with this guy at least until I get my situation resolved. I will explain it all below and let you decide.

This all started back in October. I bought 4 boxes of Berger 6.5 130 gr HVLD bullets from BRADO16. I paid him $205 shipped. I paid via PAYPAL which I will never do a transaction on PAYPAL again. He did ship the bullets (at least I think it was bullets) but the package never arrived. I checked the tracking # and it said "Dead Mail, package sent to processing center to get resolved". I put in a claim for the package as did he. We talked via PM and he said that he was sorry that this happened but that we should just wait and see what happens. We both hoped that it would get resolved and I would get the bullets. Well this was all of 2 months ago and still no bullets. So I finally PM'd him and said that I would like my money back. No response even though I know that he has logged on. I sent one more message and again politely asked for my money back. Still no answer even though I see that he logged on yesterday. I believe that I at least deserve a response since he has logged on.

Now if I have a product and someone wants to buy it and I sell and ship it to them but it never gets there, I believe that it is my responsibility to refund them the money even if I don't get the product back. That is just good business in my mind. If he didn't insure it when he sent it then I cannot help that. He said $205 shipped so I should get $205 back.

Just a warning to you all and I will keep you updated as he did not seem like a bad guy through PM's but you never know.

Re: Do not do ANY business with BRADO16

I agree. It was his choice to risk no insurance. I insure anything over $100 because I feel it's my responsibility to produce a product or give the money back. I'll definitely not be doing business with this guy. I'd rate him negatively in the rating thread

Did you request that he insure it?
Was it discussed in the transaction?

When you buy something, it's the sellers responsibility to get the package to the buyer. If the shipment doesn't make it, the insurance covers the shippers costs, not the buyers. If it arrives damaged, it covers the shipper, not the buyer.

This is the responsibility of the person that ships, period. It's not the job of the receiver to have to purchase addition insurance for shipping. If there was damage to a shipped item, the buyer has the right to refuse the shipment so that the shipper deals with the issue with the shipping company.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I do think the seller should step up and make this right.

I understand how insurance works, and that the seller needs to get the goods to the buyer. My question was if the buyer assumed it was insured or actually asked for it to be. Might have made a difference in how this transaction ended.
Anytime I buy from someone, I make sure they insurance it, and when I sell to someone, I ship it with insurance. I will usually require a signature confirmation as well.

Hope it works out for you, and you get your goods, and thanks for the heads up on Brado16

I had a package of brass sent to me by the way of USPS Flat Rate. it was only $20.00 so I sent cash. The shipper said he mailed it and we had a tracking number, tracked it about 1/2 way across MI (package stayed in the state of MI). I asked the Post Office about the lost package, they did some checking but could not find it. The PO said to go on line and place an Insurance claim on the package. The problem was the PO needed a check Number or Money Order number for the claim. In this case I got the shaft and it was my (the receiver of the package) proof that I had paid for the package. It was only $20.00 and a lot of frustration on my part. Live and learn.

If you ship in a flat rate box with the PO you get $50.00 ins.+ a tracking #. You get the option of buying more ins if the object is worth more than $50.00.
Nothing is fool proof but the PO will make it good if you have the paper work.
Merry Christmas to all.
Mickey

The insurance wasn't discussed. He shipped it in a flat rate box so he probably only had $50 insurance on it. Hopefully he is just really busy and hasn't had time to respond but since this has gone on so long, I thought it would be wise to warn people for now.

Bummer about your situation but I have done business with this guy and it was a smooth transaction with good communication.

I think that the issue of insurance should always be discussed rather than assumed.

Keith

If you pay for something to be shipped to your house, and it does not get shipped to your house for any reason, you are entitled to a refund. Period. If the shipper wants to take the risk to not buy insurance to protect himself, who am I to intervene? I don't tell other grown men how to conduct their business, but I do expect them to deliver or pay me back.

I expect you'll get your money back. I wouldn't sell my integrity and honor for a measly 200 bucks, he probably won't either.

Then again, people haven't been raised like they used to be. So who knows.

If you paid thru Paypal why don't you file a claim with them.....unless you gifted the money then that was a bad decision on your part.

Paypal has a very strict policy on any firearm component, bullets, brass, bb's, knives and many other things. I sold some bergers to a guy and he put it in the transaction description. My money was held up for 3 days, paypal flamed me via e-mail and even called me. If it happens again, I will be banned.

They may not be any help.

Good to know, I hadn't read their policy before.

I HAD A SIMILAR SITUATION............ bought a gunstock off another site...... stock came cracked...the seller didn't insure it.... ( I believe he shipped it cracked because it was a glue-in stock and looked as if cracked it pounding o the buttstock)..... any way I was stuck with a cracked stock and the seller won`t take it back....
ANYTIME I SELL/SHIP I INSURE IT..... it`s only the rite thing to do.....
bill larson

Status
Not open for further replies.