In which states do you currently have preference points?

I currently have hunting preference points in the following states

• Arizona

Votes: 97 22.1%
  • California

Votes: 49 11.2%
  • Colorado

Votes: 160 36.5%
  • Montana

Votes: 86 19.6%
  • Nevada

Votes: 71 16.2%
  • Oregon

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • Utah

Votes: 106 24.2%
  • Wyoming

Votes: 194 44.3%

• Total voters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I am planning to offer outfitter-guided LRH Group Hunts in one more western mountain state besides Wyoming. So I am curious which ones are the most popular.

So this question isn't which one do you prefer, rather it is in which one(s) do you CURRENTLY have points.

I've got 13 bonus points in az for elk and 6 for antelope hopefully that goes down to zero after this week.

What the heck is a "preference point"?

In some states you can accrue points by either buying a point or being unsuccessful in a draw and getting a point, these point are like having extra tickets in the pot so to speak come draw time increasing the odds of drawing.

In some states you can accrue points by either buying a point or being unsuccessful in a draw and getting a point, these point are like having extra tickets in the pot so to speak come draw time increasing the odds of drawing.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I guess I'm beneith everyone else, so they feel obligated to skip over my question.

Anyway, so basically it sounds like some conservation BS and that it sucks for almost all the hunters in that area...Am I on the right track?

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I guess I'm beneith everyone else, so they feel obligated to skip over my question.

Anyway, so basically it sounds like some conservation BS and that it sucks for almost all the hunters in that area...Am I on the right track?

No, it has nothing to do with conservation, it simply gives guys who put in year after year a better chance of drawing.

I would say it is for conservation in some ways. An alternative would be to offer tags over the counter, like most whitetail states. But they do a draw to limit the tags.

Of course, not all draw states have points, like NM. But the draw aspect, I would say, is for conservation.

It's about the Benjamin's. A way to leverage maximum dollars from fewer and fewer tags.

Selling chances instead of tags, frees "wildlife" departments to ignore solutions to falling tag numbers, a coyote is worth the same as an antelope circle of life BS. It allows them to consider those against hunting equally with those paying the bills.

It's about the Benjamin's. A way to leverage maximum dollars from fewer and fewer tags.

Selling chances instead of tags, frees "wildlife" departments to ignore solutions to falling tag numbers, a coyote is worth the same as an antelope circle of life BS. It allows them to consider those against hunting equally with those paying the bills.
+1 Show em the $$$. Spend hundreds on PP and never get drawn makes you wonder why you even try some times.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.