Impressed with my 17WSM.

I have the std barrel savage with 2 scopes for it a cabelas rimfire cal spec. scope on high rings that I use for the bag and sitting on power lines and in fields. For in the woods after rabbits I have a 4power redfield on low rings ( I bought used in 82, so I have no idea how old it is). With both scopes it is deadly accurate. My only concern is if you are wanting to put what you shoot in the pot don't waist your time. It smokes rabbits

Digging this thread up from the grave. My Savage BMAG .17 WSM is still doing what it is supposed to do every hunting season.
I ordered a Savage A17 WSM Sporter a year and a half ago and it's still a no-show.

Attachments

• squirrel.jpg
    squirrel.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 1561650765190614711 Savage A17.jpg
    1561650765190614711 Savage A17.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 96
Year and a half of no shipments, wonder if savage is working out kinks or if the no show means a quiet cancel. Tough to tell in this market, could be something as simple as waiting to launch until some ammo ships. Would think shipping an autoloader out when no ammo is available for a new customer might be worth avoiding. Lord knows my bolt to autoloader transition increased ammo consumption.

Hope it does come out, autoloader 17wsm is a hoot.

I have a 17 WSG for several years now. The only problem is gettng ammo for it. I did purchase several hundred of round for it. Haven't in the pass 2 year come across ammo for it. I am going to set this rifle up for one of grandsons to shoot.

Last edited:
Last ammo run was last spring of the hornady variation, about 18 months ago some of the non lead was out. Supposedly some of the winchewter is due in mid June, but I'll belive it when it's on the shelf. The 17 hornet estimation was 6 weeks behind so..... maybe fall...

I have a 17 WSG for several years now. I only problem is gettng ammo for it. I did purchase several hundred of round for it. Haven't in the pass 2 year come across ammo for it. I am going to set this rifle up for one of grandsons to shoot.
I bought one. I got 4 boxes of ammo recently. But at $30.00 a box I may as well shoot 223.