Ian McMurchy Rifle Raffle winners, donors and prize breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss7mm

As I'm sure everybody knows, we just recently completed the rifle raffle to benefit Ian McMurchy's wife. Ian was a long time friend and contributor to LRH and is greatly missed.

With the help of some great contributors we were able to put together two awesome packages for the first and second place winners. They each have all of their prizes and are still saying how lucky they were to win.

Below is a brief description of the items won and the people and business that donated so generously to the raffle. As you've probably read in the newsletter that Len just sent out, Len was able to send a check to Ian's widow in the amount of $7,700.00 and we owe a tremendous thank you to all of the members of LRH as well as all others that donated to the raffle.

The first place package included the following and was won by Tom Chesterman.

1 ea. Thompson/Center ICON Precision Hunter rifle in .308 caliber. This rifle, thanks to Mark Laney of TC was built using hand picked components and was fully tested to be the best of the production run they were from. Each of the rifles shot in the .2"s when tested by TC and all load info and targets were included with each rifle.

1ea. Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 SP scope with Nikoplex reticle and Jon Lacorte of Nikon also had their turret kit installed.

1ea. Nikon Monarch Laser 800 Rangefinder donated by Nikon.

1ea. Long range shooting school tuition donated by Darrell Holland of Holland's Gunsmithing and Shooters Supply. Darrell also stuffed the box with several other items.

1 ea. Burris Signature Zee rings with a full set of inserts from Shawn Carlock of Defensive Edge Custom Gunsmithing in Rathdrum, Idaho.

1ea. Burris Signature Weaver style low ring to mount ACI donated by Shawn Carlock of Defensive Edge Custom Gunsmithing

1ea.
Angle Cosine Indicator (ACI) from Ward Brien at Sniper Tools

500 Sierra SMK bullets donated by Kirby Allen of Allen Precision Shooting in Fort Shaw, Montana

1ea. Harris 6"-9" Bipod donated by Bill and Steve at 3rd Generation Shooting Supply in El Reno, Oklahoma.

1ea. Certificate for 1000 bullets of his choice donated by Eric Stecker of Berger bullets.

1ea. Full set of all of their DVDs donated by Aaron Davidson of Best of The West

1ea. Optical Booster donated by Jay Eller of the Eller Company in their All-Competition Series lenses, and 3X modification.

1ea. Scopecoat cover for the winners scope donated by Lisa Mish at ScopeCoat. Lisa also stuffed the box with several other items.

1ea. NightForce Ballistic Software, desktop version, donated by Kyle Brown of NightForce.

1ea. Certificate for the reamer of his choice donated by Dave Kiff at Pacific Tool and Gauge.

The second place package included the following and was won by Steve Jessup

1 ea. Thompson/Center ICON Precision Hunter rifle in .308 caliber. This rifle, thanks to Mark Laney of TC was built using hand picked components and was fully tested to be the best of the production run they were from. Each of the rifles shot in the .2"s when tested by TC and all load info and targets were included with each rifle.

1ea. Nikon Monarch 4-16x50 SF scope with Nikoplex reticle and Jon LaCorte of Nikon also had their turret kit installed.

1ea. Nikon Monarch Laser 800 rangefinder donated by Nikon.

1 ea. Burris Signature Zee rings with a full set of inserts from Shawn Carlock of Defensive Edge Custom Gunsmithing in Rathdrum, Idaho.

1ea. Burris Signature Weaver style low ring to mount ACI donated by Shawn Carlock of Defensive Edge Custom Gunsmithing.

1ea.
Angle Cosine Indicator (ACI) from Ward Brien at Sniper Tools

500 Sierra SMK bullets donated by Kirby Allen of Allen Precision Shooting in Fort Shaw, Montana

1ea. Harris 6"-9" Bipod donated by Bill and Steve at 3rd Generation Shooting Supply in El Reno, Oklahoma.

1ea. Certificate for 1000 bullets of his choice donated by Eric Stecker of Berger bullets.

1ea. Full set of all of their DVDs donated by Aaron Davidson of Best of The West

1ea. Optical Booster donated by Jay Eller of the Eller Company in their All-Competition Series lenses, and 3X modification.

1ea. Scopecoat cover for the winners scope donated by Lisa Mish at ScopeCoat. Lisa also stuffed the box with several other items.

1ea. NightForce Ballistic Softw
are, desktop version, donated by Kyle Brown of NightForce.

I've got to say some things about these sponsors because we have some super people providing products and services in our shooting sports. I had a couple of people contact me about donations for the raffle before I even had time to send out requests and that says a lot about the guys we deal with.

I had several of the sponsors add items that were never requested originally and it just goes on and on. People went out of their way to ensure that the prizes and services were the best they could provide and we thank them for that.

It was a real pleasure dealing with everyone involved in the raffle and it was always great to see the super responses and correspondence by all people and business concerned. I had people emailing me at all hours of the night and day because some of them travel on business a lot but never hesitated to do all they could to help out with making the raffle a success.

If you plan on buying any products in the future please consider using one of the businesses that contributed to our raffle. The guys and gals went above and beyond what I thought they would.

I can say however that it was very tempting for a long time there to just grab the big pile of stuff in my office, hit the range/hills and never come back but luckily I got over it. It was really neat to see the pile of donations grow and grow knowing that we'd have a couple of very happy winners when it was all over.

I'd also like to say that the response and co-operation from all of the websites I contacted requesting to post info about the raffle was great and it helped with the final amount raised. We had an international group of people making donations and I must say that the response and emails I received from Canadians and their thoughts and prayers for the McMurchy family was amazing.

If I've forgotten anyone I apologize and please let me know if I did. I haven't mentioned all of the smaller prizes that were stuffed in the boxes that were mailed to me but maybe the winners will mention them later.

As soon as the winners get everything all put together and get a chance to try their winnings out we're going to try and get them to post a writeup and some pictures and share with us what they think of their luck now.:)

Again, thanks to all of you that donated and bought chances in the raffle. I'm sure Mrs. McMurchy will thank all of you in her prayers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.