I have a gun I need to identify so I can get spare parts.

Brad Donovan

Hi all, this is my first go at this forum. I have a .22 Lr with an 18" barrel. It didn't come with a bolt. It is a single shot gun, something to plink with, if I can find a bolt. The barrel is marked with "Anciens Etablissements Pieper Herstal-Belgium-Brevet-340165-340166-S.G.D.G-Patented-Fevrier 16-1927- Cal. 22" on the left side of the barrel below the rear sight the markings "R C -> .22L" There is a star above the "C" and a thing that looks like a bomb after the ".22 L" symbols.

From all this I take it this is a pre-WW2 gun from Herstal in Belgium. Does anyone know where I can get a bolt? I got the barrel for free, so I haven't got anything to lose if I can't get it fixed. Just a little project.... Thanks.

Without a bolt, all is lost.... In most cases the bolt is an intrinsic part of the action, that is, it's matched to the receiver so a replacement bolt is kind of out of the question.

Likie the last Savage I bought, my dealer said "I'll give you the rifle for a dollar but the hbolt will cost you $800.00"

Side car is right.. no bolt= no gun.....

If it is a current or very popular model you may find something (ie. a rem. 700 can get a new bolt (including re-headspacing) for $400 or less rather easily), but 60 years old and Euro to boot, not likely. Good luck my friend, you will need it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.