hunting stories

would you like to see a hunting stories forum

• Total voters

Jimm

Is it time to have another hunting stories contest? What about a forum just for such? There has to be a wealth of good material with this many members. In favor of hunting stories forum ? Cast your vote.

How about it? 100% voted in favor of a hunting stories forum. Yeah , I know that only 14 voted but hey! i%t was 100%.You know Dave, we need winter time outlets for our collective "cabin fever". Mr. King , the masses(14) have spoken !May we have a hunting stories place? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That was a quick post and vote, I didn't even see to original survey posted!!

I'll see what Len says when he returns. The "LRH experiences, techniques, stories, how-to's " section was meant to cover stories but a special, "Stories ONLY" section might be nice.

Now we gotta wait for Len.... he's in Africa I believe.

I just saw it myself. And I might point out that 100% of 14 is only .34 (as in 1/3 of one percent) of our nearly 4040 members.

Plus Len ain't back with his hunting stories yet. (Edit) I see you already said that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dave, as you can see it was posted back on the 6th of this month. I set it up to run two weeks then when time was up I revisited the post and brought it up to top. Looks I should have brought it up sooner and more often. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Was"nt trying to push this on unwilling souls ,just thought it would be nice and even clean up the long range hunting forum a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK then I got the first and the funniest. Well, I guess thats depends on who ya are.

Yesterday while at one of the local taxidermist, I over heard him telling one of his other customers this story.

A local youngster goes hunting for the first time ever this year and gets a 14 point buck. Around here a 14 point buck is a good story but a youngsters first is even a better one. So somehow the local newspaper get wind of this an goes out and does a story on the boy. The boy tells how he got his massive buck and then goes on to say that this was an incredible year for him as he not only got the 14 pointer but got a 6 pointer as well.

Anyway I guess our local DEC Officer found this story quite interesting as well and went out to talk to the young lad.

The boy proudly told his story again to the Officer, as the Officer listened to every detail. When the boy was done with his story the officer congratulated him on his success and then preceded to give him a ticket for killing a buck without a license.

You see the 14 point buck was a legal kill as the boy had "a" buck tag, you see here in NY you get "one" buck tag during gun season but can get several doe tags if lucky. But when the boy shot the 6 pointer he nolonger had a valid license to tag the "buck" with so his dad was happy to tag it for him, which unfortunately is also an illegal act and both were ticketed and told to make sure to READ the hunting laws prior to next years season to avoid anyother tickets in the future.

Now I don't know what offense the officer wrote the young mans ticket for, but I do know if it was for hunting without a license (killing an animal without a a tag) this carries a $2000 fine here in NY.

The way I see it, this was a hell of a first yr. between tickets and mounting cost, this was a very expensive first yr and learing experiance.

All I got to say is "dam newspapers" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ben

jimm

No problem and probably a good idea... I just usually see all the posts and for some reason didn't see or recall this particular one.

I'm thinking Len will agree but we'll need to wait and see upon his return. Len really does like the stories best!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts