HSM Ammo Velocity Question (Remington 700 Long Range)

C.O. Shooter

Hey All,

Curious to know if anyone has ever chrono-graphed HSM ammo, 7mm 168 grain Berger VLDs? My buddy recently acquired a new Remington Long Range rifle in 7mm (26" barrel with a 9.25" twist). He was working on sighting in/breaking in the barrel with Noselr 160 grain partitions. They would shoot 1-4" groups. He switched over to the HSM ammo and it grouped really well for a factory rifle. He does not have access to a chronograph but trying to get a better handle on the velocity of the rounds. After looking around, I found different reports of velocity from various sources (2950, 3020, 3076). I understand all guns are different and results may vary. Trying to develop a drop chart for him. Explained to him he needs to shoot 400-800 yards to see how they fly and where they impact.

These are shots 12-20. The two on the left then cleaned, three above the bull then cleaned, followed by three in the bull and he stopped for the day. Lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 111
I went through the same thing last summer with a new Rem 7mm Sendero is was testing factory loads in. I to found the HSM Berger VLD shot the best. With the help of a friend they chrono 2956, 2938, 2972. This is out of a New factory Sendero after it was broke in.

I just wish I could get a hold of some HSM VLD in 2506 to see if they shot better in that gun.

jjw
ND

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts