How much has this site cost you?

How much have you spent as a result of this site?

• $0

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • $1-$1000

Votes: 41 16.9%
  • $1001-$5000

Votes: 94 38.7%
  • $5001-$10000

Votes: 59 24.3%
  • $10001+

Votes: 33 13.6%

• Total voters

WildcatB

This site is costing me to much money:) . I just bought the NF 3.5-15 x50 with the NP-R1 recticle for my 300 wby ...
Thankyou for all your help.

JAWZ:)

JAWZ made me realize that this site has cost me a lot too. I have spent around $8000 (and counting) as a direct result of the free information that I have learned from this site. I thought I was getting a deal. What about you? I don't think I'm the only one. Don't just vote...tell us what you got.

Here's the water under the bridge so far:
Custom 7mmAM
Nightforce 5.5-22 np-r1 scope
Tikka .308 Varmint
2 Tikka 270 wsm's (selling one next week)
Lots of bullets.
Bushnell Laser scope
Reloading Equipment

Still to come:
New laser rangefinder
100 rounds of fireformed brass
chronograph
wind meter
rugget Pocket PC
more bullets, more powder

The $8000 doesn't include any gas used for shooting and/or scouting.

:eek: - so much for a free site.

Last edited:
With 2 new rifles, a new barrel and acouple scopes and other gear, I think the pole should go higher that 10000+. I can not say that this sight cost me that though. I was on my way in that direct this sight has just influence the direction of some of those buys. But what else would I have spent that money on? Investing in Retirement? :D

I refuse to answer this on the grounds that it may incriminate me. But hey did you know you can buy a 100K insurace policy on your guns for less than 400 buck a year.

I would have voted if the currency units would have been appropriate.

I had 2 and now I only have one, I think its the one on the right!?

However, I can say that I've never spent more on such a narrow focus. Each $ spent was, for the first time in year, effectively and efficiently spent.

On the down side:rolleyes: does gun powder cause G-warming?:D

Yeh i forgot to add the new rings and bases ,
My HS stock for my 240,
The new batch of match grade proji's
Lieca range finder 1200,
Neck sizing dies for my 300 and 240 wby
Forster case trimmer ( always wanted 1 you guys just made me buy it):D

I think this sight sends out subliminal messages.:D

JAWZ:)

Love it!

Wow! Good thing I don't stop and count very often! Good thing my wife doesn't!

+1 on the wife. There is no way she can know the true value of it all. I usually try to use the 50% rule. Every cost is cut at least by 50% when having discussions if she finds out about it at all. :rolleyes:

I read a signature line once that stated "My greatest fear is that after my demise my wife will sell my rifles for the price I told her I paid for them" If it is possible your in that same boat and your not feeling well please send me contact info on your misses.

A shooting buddy and I just had that conversation and he is about 15 years older than I am and has some pretty nice pieces of hardware. I told him that if he passed away I would make sure she was taken care of fairly. :D

My wife doesn't even know about the last 3 that I bought(I hope). And eddybo, I sure am glad I know you and your wife so well.

Dangit, Kevin I guess I would rather see you and Smitty dispose of my worldly possessions than just about anybody else Maybe I should send yall the combination to my safe so none of my babies get injured when yall cut your way in.:) Of course I would expect yall to keep one gun apiece in the way of compensation for your selfless actions. I would suggest you keep my Nesika .308 and talk smitty into keeping my Nesika 06AI. That way you can laugh everytime the scope gets him.

I prefer to look at it the other way around.

When I think of what this site cost me, I think of all the mistakes I could have made fumbling around on my own instead of learning from all the experienced guys that post on this site ....

Got to thinkin', :rolleyes:

This site has cost me much more in time than in $. But the time spent is $ and at my age worth much more;)

Time spend: 31 consecutive days in the mountains constantly expecting to the "that" buck or "the" bull with one of the country's better men. I learned more about LRH and LRH equipment, spotting and tenacity than I tho't was possible. I call it tuition.

To make that long range shot the time spent rebuilding/reshaping stocks took some time and learning. More tuition

Developing a bipod concept that "I" could live with is another time consuming education. Cost of an ancient lathe/mill, aluminum, and several cubic feet of chips and the help of others here took a lot of time. More tuition.

Taking pencil drawing class, just me and the girls :rolleyes:, so I could draw birds and stuff while lounging in the woods. It turns out the skill developed was very useful in the development of range charts. More tuition.

Tons of time and sandpaper with the touchup sprayer and airbrush, just to make a pleasing functional finish. More tuition.

Why all of this. Just to enjoy life and get the most out of it. Not to mention making that "one" shot when the opportunity arises.

But I learned that I have to make that opportunity arise. More tuition;)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.