How much ammo (total) do you have (or have enough components to load)

How much ammo (total) do you have (or have enough components to load)

• Total voters
It seems that the poll has changed. I maxed out the poll on just .22Lr ammo...:D

hey, the Aguila 60g. SSS were on sale and I was able to get all one lot #. I had a Savage re-barreled with a Lilja specially for these pills. Good practice in dialing and windage from 50 to 200 Yds. Talk about a rainbow trajectory!

A local gun show vendor wanted $12.00/box of 50 a while back..... they aren't THAT special!

I can't see why anyone would want someone else to know how many guns or how much ammo they had. it's kind of personal information and should be kept that way.

my reply to this question is "not enough". especially in the current political climate. I think congress ( or many of its members) have figured out that gun ownership/restrictions are a hot potato. Kudos to the NRA and all their hard work! It amazes me how many people are avid gun owners but don't want to send the NRA a yearly membership fee and instead choose to let the rest of us carry the load. Enough of my speech. Without being to specific, I have a family of 4 and own enough firearms to probably have each family member way, WAY more than adequately armed and equiped. Put it this way and I'll leave it with this: My Browning safe is bursting at the seams!
gun) :cool:

I can't see why anyone would want someone else to know how many guns or how much ammo they had. it's kind of personal information and should be kept that way.

Bud, you're right, but the poll doesn't reveal who voted what, so your privacy is protected.

In anycase, I see a poll on ammunition, not rifles.

My vote is... "NOT ENOUGH"

-MR

I'm getting older by the minute, too old to worry about anyone knowing what and how much I have. I ain't giving mine up as long as I draw breath no matter what BS laws and/or regulations they pass.

This is a tricky question. Are you asking how many firearms do you handload for or are you asking how many round of ammo you can load with the componants you have right now?

The second part is pretty easy, count how many primers you have right now as that will tell you the number of loaded rounds you can load right at this time.

Last time I took inventory, I had a total of 75,000 primers in the shop so I guess that means I could load +5000 rounds.

Long guns:
I have had to modify the interior of my safe three times to accomidate the long guns I have. No further ability to modify to accomidate more. Trying to figure out how I would explain another safe to my wife?????

As far as how much ammo.
I would have to answer that two ways.
Loaded ammo:
Enough that if I ever moved I would have to sell my 1/2 ton pickup and get a 3/4 ton.
Reloading supplies:
Lets just say I hope my house never burns down. If it does several of you on this sight will be able to see the plume over where my neighborhood once stood.

Ok, let's get a couple things squared away, shall we?
1) There's no such thing as "too many" firearms.
2) There's no such thing as too much ammo.
Nuff said.

Ok, let's get a couple things squared away, shall we?
1) There's no such thing as "too many" firearms.
2) There's no such thing as too much ammo.
Nuff said.
LOL state of CA there is such athing as too much ammo. FIRE HAZARD they say..LOL

Last edited:
LOL state of CA there is such athing as too much ammo. FIRE HAZARD they say...
Well, in the glorious Republik of Kalifornia, crapola flies that wouldn't fly anywhere else...on the planet.
As far as I am concerned, nobody on the planet needs to know what I may or may not have, how much I may or may not have, or anything of the sort.
Microstamping? Yeah, right.
ID & thumbprint for ammo purchases? Hahahahahahaha!
Arizonans keep hoping for "The Big One" that knocks CA into the sea, and takes the freaks with it...unfortunately, some good ones would be lost too...and I suspect that a few "freaks" would escape...
You're welcome to store your "excess" at my place...no paperwork needed.
And, I PROMISE not to help myself to any surplus....
LMAO!

Well, in the glorious Republik of Kalifornia, crapola flies that wouldn't fly anywhere else...on the planet.
As far as I am concerned, nobody on the planet needs to know what I may or may not have, how much I may or may not have, or anything of the sort.
Microstamping? Yeah, right.
ID & thumbprint for ammo purchases? Hahahahahahaha!
Arizonans keep hoping for "The Big One" that knocks CA into the sea, and takes the freaks with it...unfortunately, some good ones would be lost too...and I suspect that a few "freaks" would escape...
You're welcome to store your "excess" at my place...no paperwork needed.
And, I PROMISE not to help myself to any surplus....
LMAO!
hahahaha I have been looking to get a piece of property out of state ,,then I will be set found 580 acres in Idaho for under 700k cant buy a 2 bedroom condo here for that

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts