Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I use "New Posts" for items that might interest me

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ss7mm

I'm just curious as to how you guys find things on this site that interest you when you come here to look around.

I've noticed some posts don't seem to get the interest and exposure they might deserve due to the forum they are posted in. This doesn't mean they're posted in the wrong forum, it just means that some people might tend to read just certain individual forums.

Humor me and let me know how you find things that interest you on this web site.

Dick,

I used to use the last 24 hours posts for first look.

Next I do a search for the topics in which I have interest.

Lastly I just snoop around....

This is a good idea, because I thought I would see LOTS of interest in my question about spotting scopes, (I mean this is a LONG RANGE HUNTING forum!), but didn't get near the replies I expected.

I did get some great info, just not the numbers I expected.

Bill

I used to use the last 24 hours posts.

Now I use a combination of "New Posts", and if I want to re-read something then I switch to "Today's Posts" if it has not been added to.

edge.

I don't know if there is something different about my computer or the way I have things configured here, but there are a lot of times when I look at "New Posts" and there won't be any showing but if I look at "Today"s Posts" I will see all of the new and recent posts.

If I'm going to be away for a while I will "Mark Forums Read" and then when I come back the new stuff and the indicators will show up.

It just seems like, for me, the "Today's Posts" is easier. If you are going to be away for more than 24 hours then you would have to go to the individual forums because we don't have the option of 24, 48 or 72 hours like on the old system. Len said that's not available on this software.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.