Hornady’s New ELD-X Bullets

Got a n email from Hornady and was told that that the 162 ELD-X bullets are gonna start be available in about 4 to 6 weeks. Kind of a bummer, looks like I'll be waiting!!!

Bummer my Tikka T3 Light 7mm RM arrives Monday. Guess I will have to break it in using 150 and 168 SMKs.

I have 162 and 175 ELD X on back order from Midway. Given the 175 is meant to be seated out farther than Mag Length and should have 8.5 twist, perhaps I should cancel out those bullets given the 9.5 twist on the T3

I guess the only way to post is to reply??? OK somi have some 208 match ELD for my 300wm,was looking for data but can't seem to find any anywhere...I've got 7828ssc,IMR 4831,4000-mr to load with.. Any suggestion will be taken seriously... Thank you in advance

Bookmarked, thank you again. Unfortunately I grabbed the Match grade,and not the XELD.but my guess will be both will do their job. I will have to wait for the X to hit Missoula..looking forward to working these up,as well as the X'z. I was actually looking to the Amax because a relative had great shots but no blood trails left from the Berger's he was using.thank you again

The demand for these bullets and new ammunition is more than Hornady expected. I was one of the writers up there for the preview. The no blood trail for Berger is common. You see Berger believes that their bullets should use up ALL their energy in the body cavity while Hornady and others believe their bullets should exit. I hunt with both brands and some time others. My goal is that the animal drops where it was shot but sometimes I have had to trail. It is really a personal choice. I feel a good bullet placed well is what to shoot for while hunting. People often blame their bullets but in reality it was more than likely poor bullet placement.

I tried these in my new browning x bolt speed. I sighted the rifle in with federal power shock 150 grain soft points because had a lot of them laying around and there a lot cheaper for getting on the target. I was able to put 3 rounds dead center of target and all 3 holes were touching at a 1000 yards. I next moved to the precision hunters in 162 grain hoping to see same results in grouping but the round was close to a five inch group thought I might have knocked scope off so I shoot 3 more rounds of the power shock and had the same 3 round group I started with. don't think the power shock will stretch out and be that accurate at ranges 500 +. not trying to knock the Hornady bullet would really like to shoot them. or is it that my rifle just like that particular round better. would really like your input. love the browning speed rifle:

Yeah, I figured. My brother can't seem to get ELD-X's to shoot decent in his Remington LR .300WM. He shoots the accubonds really good, but not the eldx's. He tried different seating, different powders, etc. Just couldn't get them to group netter than 3 inches at 200 yards.

I tried these in my new browning x bolt speed. I sighted the rifle in with federal power shock 150 grain soft points because had a lot of them laying around and there a lot cheaper for getting on the target. I was able to put 3 rounds dead center of target and all 3 holes were touching at a 1000 yards. I next moved to the precision hunters in 162 grain hoping to see same results in grouping but the round was close to a five inch group thought I might have knocked scope off so I shoot 3 more rounds of the power shock and had the same 3 round group I started with. don't think the power shock will stretch out and be that accurate at ranges 500 +. not trying to knock the Hornady bullet would really like to shoot them. or is it that my rifle just like that particular round better. would really like your input. love the browning speed rifle:
5" at a 1,000 would be just under half MOA.

Unless you'e shooting prairie dogs that's plenty.

If your factory gun is shooting factory ammo with all three touching at 1,000 that would be under 1/10th MOA.

That would win any 1,000yds bench rest shoot in the country.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.