Hornady’s new 22arc

IHFarmer07

This will be the nail in the coffin for the Valkyrie in the AR15 platform. I was planning on doing a wild cat 22 grendel but I will not have to do that now! The Valkyrie that I have in a bolt gun configuration, I have a love to hate relationship with it and I just have to say, finally, something decent and well thought out. We will all see how it goes but I look forward at getting an upper in this chambering!

I'v the 6.5 Grendel in an AR 20" for a long time and in the end it's just MEH. Was in the process of a 6ARC upper, but with the intro of the 22ARC, this is what I'm really looking forward to!
I will probably have a 6.5 grendel for my kids eventually but I definitely like what I see here with the 22arc.
I've had the 224 Valkyrie in a bolt action since it's conception and it's done me well but it's also something that to get any accuracy out of, I had to reload for it and it was my first induction into reloading. While it was very educational for me to get into precision reloading, it was also very very aggravating and a lot of components wasted to get it to shoot! I plan to have the barrel either rechambered into 22gt or sell it for the 22gt. I definitely would like to see real world results and data on this 22arc in both bolt gun and ar to see how far it can be pushed…..I'd like to see 3000-3100 from the 88g. I'm getting 2980-3050 from the Valkyrie and 80 eldm's now and about the same if not a little more from berger 80.5's.

Great another thing I don't need. But now I need one. My daughter has a 6 arc and I'm pretty sold on that cartridge. I've taken to shooting smaller rounds lately due to availability of small rifle primers, the cost of powder and price of bullets going up and this seems like a solid option.

Great another thing I don't need. But now I need one. My daughter has a 6 arc and I'm pretty sold on that cartridge. I've taken to shooting smaller rounds lately due to availability of small rifle primers, the cost of powder and price of bullets going up and this seems like a solid option.
Agreed. Switched over last year to 22 BRA, 22GT, and 22 Creedmoor. Sold my .223 and all but one of my 22-250AI

have the 224LBC which is just a necked down 6.5 grendel and basically the same as the 22ARC.
90smk @2860-2880
88eldm @2890-2910
55 anything @3500+
all reasonable velocities and pressures for a bolt gun with 23" barrel. those will be on the warm side for an AR. Leverevolution for the heavies and Biggame and Tac for 55-75gr. i would not expect to go above 2900-3000fps. with heavies unless in a bolt gun with a 26"barrel.
either way it is an exciting, low recoil, and accurate round that is easy to tune.