Hope someone can help, LOP on AR15 help.

jsimonh

I bought my first lower recently, its a RRA with National Match trigger, Hogue grip, and Vltor Emod stock. I really like the look and quality of this setup, but it seems pretty short to me. I'm 6'7" and even all the way extended it just doesn't seem real comfortable. I've looked at dozens of stocks online and the Emod actually seems to have one of the longest LOP.

From the back of the reciever to the end of the stock is almost 12" exactly. The standard A2 stock is around 10.5" to my understanding. Even with the 2" butt plate extension kit, it doesn't really gain me much.

Is there anything out there for tall shooters wanting to get into the AR world?

Thanks in advance.

I think your looking at it the wrong way, you have a lower in a carbine configuration its ment to be short im 6'3" and I usaly run my stock in the 3 position it never goes to position 6. It has to do with your shooting stance its not a rifle its a carbine drive it like one.

Longest stock there is might be the adjustable Knights A2 check their web site.

Dont know what you're doing with it. If a heavy rifle doesnt bother you, look at the Tubb 4 way adjustable butt plate from Superior Shooting Systems for the A2 stocks. It gives you 3" LOP, 3" up and down, and you can cant the butt to fit you better. I am 6'8" and put it on my Armalite prarie dog gun. It fits me great and has another 1/2" or so to go in LOP. 24" heavy barrel, Timney skeletonized single stage trigger, Wilson Combat controls, Tubb butt pad- Gun now weighs just over 14 lbs without a mag, but is a blast to shoot from the ground or a bench. Will shoot 3/4 MOA consistantly with FMJ bulk ammo.
Good Luck-
GetAttachment.aspx
71799206.jpg

RRA has a laminated stock kit for the AR-15 I put one on the wife's (she's 6'3") It has a full recoil pad, and seems longer than a standard A2 stock. I didn't measure it, so can't tell you the inches.

I have a feeling, that if you tried the butstock extender with the 2" spacers and the longer screw, then you've prettywell maxed out the length of any conventional stocking of the AR15.

Some of the colapsible stocks should get out to 13" or nearly there, and then there are slip on recoil pads that should get you close to another inch.

Good luck,

You might try a more vertical pistol grip like a Magul MOE-SL, it changes the way the rifle presents.

15.7" LOP:

I agree with shooting carbines from a squared-up stance where a short LOP is beneficial, rather than a bladed stance where you need a longer stock. But precision ARs shot from prone you need the same adjustments as bolt rifle stocks. Moreso even in the riser since the height over bore tends to be higher on ARs.