Holland Long Range Shooting School - Bolt Manipulation

Gentlemen,

Thanks you very much for your kind compliments!

Give some thought to purchasing our NEW Ballistic Data Card Software from the "Gear Shop" as it features 25 video clips on improving your shooting, hunting, survival plus making the best Data Card on the planet!!!!

Learning Never Stops!!!

Most respectfully,

Darrell Holland

I really like all his videos.

I tell ya though for me that's a lot easier said than done on a long action. Of course I have a stock rem action so maybe on a Defiance it might be better. I also have the habit of taking my head off not to see the animal but to call my shot in my data book. In the field obviously I wouldn't take time to plot my shots until I knew the animal is dead. Just one of those things I guess you train yourself to do one thing and realize in the real world it might not work. I still think using a data book is about the best tool a long range shooter/hunter has. Just got to be aware of your situation.

Gentlemen,

Thanks you very much for your kind compliments!

Give some thought to purchasing our NEW Ballistic Data Card Software from the "Gear Shop" as it features 25 video clips on improving your shooting, hunting, survival plus making the best Data Card on the planet!!!!

Learning Never Stops!!!

Most respectfully,

Darrell Holland
Obviously not talking about me :D

Good tip for a very low recoil rifle a few things extra to point out is make sure you have large field of view and pick out other easy to find features in your target picture so if recoil takes this away from you and your buck drops out of sight or you miss you can return to the same field of view with ease ... I tell every hunter I'm guiding. I'm your eyes you just rack another round as quick as possible and get your target window back ASAP.

Why did I not beat you to this informative teaser clip.
Good work!

Dear Huntinco,

You are correct, a larger field of view is important when recovering from recoil. Body position is another that is often over looked. If the shooter is in behind the rifle, allowing the rifle to recoil straight rearward and not at 11:00 or 1:00 as is usually the case when the shooters body is at an acute angle to the rifle.

After the shot find the target/animal in the scope and smoothly cycle the bolt, wait 20-30 seconds with the animal in the scope in case a second shot is needed.

Then its time for the Hillbilly war hoop!!!

Best of luck in all your hunts,

Most respectfully,

Darrell Holland

Darrell

These video clips of your shooting school are a huge hit with the guys. They have already been viewed by many, many thousands. Thanks so much for letting us use them. gun)

Thanks Len,

As soon as I get off this hampster wheel I've been on for the last year and half I'll contribute some more tips and tricks for your readership.

Schools went well this year, with lots of interesting students. Our Texas classes did well and the new range there worked out just fine. I was there for 16 days and the wind never slept, 10-25 mph 24 hours a day. The students did a fine job of wrestling with the math and calculations to shoot under such conditions.

If the shooter knows his or her "wind constant" they can very sucessfully shoot in the wind to 500 yards without a data card.

Well, I hear the lathe and mill calling my name so had better close. Keep up the good work on your end as well.....

Most respectfully,

Darrell Holland

"If the shooter knows his or her "wind constant""

ive seen them for a few common rounds... how would find them for "any" round?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.