Help with booking a PDog hunt

rowen99

So looking to go run some prairie dogs - anyone have any decent areas and/or guides that is fairly close to Illinois? Really don't need a guide - more so - just point me in the direction and want to shoot them out to 1200 yds or so. Love any help/feedback. Not looking to spend a fortune.

srb

I have shot at Lamar Colorado several times, great shooting. Shot over 2000 rd in two days. Just go to the local gas station with a coffee bar and ask the locals where you can shoot. You will have more names than you can call and most likely one of them will get you set up. I have been told South of Dodge City Kansas is good shooting also by guys I talk to on Ham Radio. Two of the guys I shot with live around Peoria, IL.

Attachments

• ki.JPG
    ki.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Lamar.jpg
    Lamar.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 304
I've been going to South Dakota for about ten years now. Lots of shooting. First couple time I went solo, no guide. Winner S.D. is a good central spot to get a motel room and go to the local coffee/ breakfast shop to extract info on where to hunt. Expect to pay a fee to the landowner. Check state laws as I "think" you may be able to hunt along some roads and may get around the fee. I did see a couple guys doing that years ago so that's why I offer it. There are good outfitters too, if you decide that route .

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.