Has anyone bought a Howa in the last year?

My longest with that rig was a bobcat at just over 300 yards and a coyote at 343 if I recall correctly. Both were two seasons ago. I center punched a raccoonin a tree at 220 two weeks ago though so she stil works.

I purchased a Howa 65x55 new in 2012 thats after you listing
After a bit of the usual trial and tribulations
Three 120gr fb sierras touching at 100 yds
Three 120gr fb sierras into 3/8 inch at 200yds
Near perfect conditions. with a cuppa tea and sandwhich between shots
Had a simlar result with 130 vld hunting projectiles
Have used Anshutz rifles mostly in the past for obvious reason
I have to say that Im very pleased with the results from my Howa

A rumor is half way around the world before the truth gets its boots on
Mark Twain

Hi Big fella, the answer to your question is YES & am very happy. I purchased the HB 243,SS with the black hoag stock. My reasons for this is quite simply this is a working gun, not a mantlepiece special. the gun is extremely accurate over long distance & no silly problems like jamming or not ejecting.There are times when hunting conditions aren,t great, dust being the worst but still no problem. I have the swarwovski 6 by 25-50 Z5 fitted to create a reliable accurate weapon. I was so pleased I just purchased the 22_250 in the same specs for my nephew.

G'day bigfellascott, My local gun shop recommended the Howa when I went looking for a .308, a mate bought one for club shooting (F class I think), he's happy with it, only work he did was lighten the trigger a bit.( Dead kitty lives!). Cheers

Oh me! The beginning comments in this post really has got me worried.
I just recently traded for a secondhand Howa in .243 caliber. the screws in the take down look to be of the later versions. (Meaning star drive)
The rifle for most parts looks new and unscratched.
I just remounted the scope on the bench and am ready to take it to the rang for the final zeroing.
I picked up a box of 100 grain .243's in the trade.
So, now the discussion has me worried. Maybe the 100 grain bullets are too much for the Howa.
I got this Howa from a friend that runs a pawn shop. I surely hope the guy that parted with it was in need of money and did not pawn the Howa off due to accuracy problems.
Anyway, range time is going to happen when the NC weather warms a little.
I'll be back when that happens for sure.

Yes I have both a 270win Howa model 1500 in a hogue stock and also a Howa 308 win in a GRS stock. Great shooting Rifles very accurate but wouldn't use a bipod on the hogue stock. But love them both and over the years I have had a lot of different Rifles such as BSA- Bruno-Winchester-Lee Enfield-Remington -Ruger and others.

Sierra has a bullet called the Super Roos? That's more than a little cool. And you know, in these internet times it's really hard to get the real story. One or two bad experiences, posted on several newsgroups and suddenly, Brand X is crap. Every manufacturer makes a bad product once in a while. My SIL got a new Macbook, top of the line and it went bad after 3 months; Apple cheerfully sent him a new one.

Having a Howa action for 338 W. Mag being built. 26" Barrel and muzzle brake being placed on it. Looking to see if I can bring up the velocity up some over my 338 W. Mag in a Ruger Mark II with a 24" barrel. Presently getting 3230fps out of it and 1/2" groups and under @ 100yds with 200 grain Accubond. The gun smith said it was a good action.

I just nabbed a Vanguard in 6.5prc that I'm still setting up. Fit and finish is plenty good. I'll report back when I shoot it.