H1000 and Reloder 26

Brent I might have to try that I've been using CCI BR-2 primers with good luck in most rifles. Hornady brass also, maybe I need to spend and get some Nosler

Anybody using rl26 with a 28 nosler? I'm shooting 180 eldms with n570, only have a pound left and need to have a backup.

I have noticed in my premium barrels the the absence or presence of copper do not appear to be copper that is stripped by the barrel, but copper that is deposited by the gas that is produced, and settles in the bore. Different Bullets/powder combinations seem to produce different levels of copper deposits. If you drop your muzzle brake into a small vessel of copper solvent(BoreTech), it will turn blue in a matter of minutes......solid proof of copper/gas fall-out. The Hodgdon powders combined with Berger/JLK which use the same jacket material) generally seem to produce the least amount of copper residue .in my premium barreled rifles. Pressure of the load also seems to influence this as well. IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.