Gunwerks g7 scope and trajectory validation

308 holes

Not sure if this is in the right place or not but after a few hours of talking with a member of Gunwerks today I was wondering if anyone on this forum has let the Gunwerks crew work up load info trajectory validation ect what are your opinions of it it would also be for my 7mm Stw which shoots very well 5 shot group at 200 yards cover it with a dime with my reloads. Maybe not having them do load info but the trajectory validation and turret build
Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated

I havent had done.But if you have good load n place to shoot verify your own dope and have dial made. Thats what I do, then nobody to blame but me.

What distance do you want to shoot?

Trajectory validation is easy. You almost don't need it under 500 yards.

The easiest way is to take a big piece of cardboard. Put a dot at the top and shoot at that dot (from5-600 yards) using your 100 yard zero. Measure the distance from the dot to the center of your group and plug that into your ballistic calc.

When I am setting up a new rifle, it takes me about 40 rounds to work up a load, level the crosshairs and validate my trajectory. After that, we are game on at 1000!

I know a few people that have had this done and had good success. It doesn't eliminate the need to practice and fine tune the set up to your shooting style. Given you already have a good load worked up, the heavy lifting is done and as previously stated, it's not difficult to do if you have access to a range and do some homework. G7 and other turnkey LR rifle suppliers have U-tube instructional videos that walk you through the process. Its purely based on personal preference, but I think going through this process yourself can prove to be very valuable in understanding the mechanics of long range shooting and will greatly increase your flexibility should you acquire additional rifles or want to change loads. IMO.

That was I do I wanted to hear I've done ALL of my own trajectory validating to date but thought I may be missing something I thank you all for the input I'll keep my 2800 dollars for mor useful items

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.