• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Great prices on Norma Bullets at Raven Rocks!

I have never gone wrong anything from Norma .Their brass bullets and ammo have always been awesome. I WISH their powders would pop up again .RAVEN ROCKS PRECISIOIN IS first class glad to see them expanding more and more .I have ordered from them always awesome deals and excellent packing and shipping .I see them becoming a way bigger outfit in the future glad to deal with them.

Can anyone comment w/ experience, if these 160gr tipstrike are similar in performance to a ballistic tip or???

Thanks
Good question. This will be my first experience with them. My hopes are that they hold together better than the BT and perform similar to say the Accubond, or somewhere between the two. Some reviews out there make it sound like that may be the case, but hopefully I'll be able to let you know this fall.

The crosscut image of the bullet makes me believe it will be most similar to the Nosler Accubond.

Attachments

• F6432534-4EF2-434F-BEEE-41C73170279F.jpeg
    F6432534-4EF2-434F-BEEE-41C73170279F.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Saw ammo at the store the other day and took a picture for some info from Norma about expected performance from their 2 tipped projectiles.

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpeg
    IMG_2002.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2001.jpeg
    IMG_2001.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 35
Any idea what twist rate would work for the .264/6.5mm 156 grain VULKAN bullets and where one would get loading data?

Any idea what twist rate would work for the .264/6.5mm 156 grain VULKAN bullets and where one would get loading data?
There wasn't any PRC information.

This is anecdotal, my 8 twist Proof stabilizes the 156gr Berger at Creedmoor velocities, unimpressed with accuracy, so they are going in the PRC or I will get a 7 twist to replace it.

IMG_3464.jpeg

There wasn't any PRC information.

This is anecdotal, my 8 twist Proof stabilizes the 156gr Berger at Creedmoor velocities, unimpressed with accuracy, so they are going in the PRC or I will get a 7 twist to replace it.

View attachment 556690

I'd use in a 6.5-06 or a 6.5-06AI. I have 9 and 8 twist barrels available. Looks like you'd get better velocity from 6.5 x .300 Weatherby. Really not necessary to use a bullet like that on antelope.