getting bored

rebelfootball73

Well I am starting to get bored with my rifles. Dont get me wrong i love them its just time to add another one to the collection. But i dont know what i should get. i have had remingtons, winchesters, rugers, styers, sakos and a few others. i want to add something different to the collection. what suggestions do yall have?

From a fellow Cajun who now resides in North Carolina. Ha.

If you are going to purchase a factory rifle, then I would definately go with a Savage as mentioned by others. On the other hand to spice things up, consider a full blown custom with all the latest and greatest. Beware, once you go down the custom path it is very difficult to go back to factory stuff.

Good luck,
Rick

Well, if I was that bored, I'd go get myself a Holland & Holland or maybe just a Savage. Would just depend on my budget.

I too would go for a Holland & Holland, my dream firearm. When I snap out of my dream the $93,000 price pushes me into reality. Try a Savage for all the mentioned reasons, as long as you replace the plastic stock. Good luck

If you're looking for something fun to shoot why not try an old Lever Action, Marlin JM made model 1895 45/70 or an old Savage 250-3000 in a model 99.

Go get yourself a black rifle, watch out though it is addicting. I had that disease for a few years... Still catch it again once in a while.gun)

My boredom breakers:

1903 Springfield A4 Sniper
Shilo Sharps 45-70 with cast bullets/BP
Flintlock Virginia Rifle

But....I have to agree that a H&H will definitely break the boredom! Shot this lion decades ago....insert is my rifle with a lion shot by the original owner 90 years earlier/ H&H 500-450 Express.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 124
My boredom breakers:

1903 Springfield A4 Sniper
Shilo Sharps 45-70 with cast bullets/BP
Flintlock Virginia Rifle

But....I have to agree that a H&H will definitely break the boredom! Shot this lion decades ago....insert is my rifle with a lion shot by the original owner 90 years earlier/ H&H 500-450 Express.

Seriously, I find the mystique of rifles like that awe-inspiring. I think any true hunter would feel the same. Congratulations on your accomplishments with it.

Seriously, I find the mystique of rifles like that awe-inspiring. I think any true hunter would feel the same. Congratulations on your accomplishments with it.

Thanks Barrelnut!
Back when I bought the H&H, I got a great price on it because the cartridge had been long discontinued. I was intrigued as it was the same type rifle/ cartridge used by Teddy Roosevelt when he hunted African Big game. Mine belonged to WM Buckley, an adventurer from Nairobi. I found this out after I bought it. I ended up having Huntington make me custom dyes and simply ran 470 cases through them. Had to order the original Kynock style 480 gr bullets from Woodleigh, then only available from Australia. Matched the original velocity using IMR3031 with Kapoc filler. Ended up regulating to the original target and velocity specs that I obtained from H&H in London. Today the ammo is again available from Westly Richards given the resurgence in African Hunting. That lion was one of a pride of four that had eaten a residents only cow. After a couple of days tracking the pride I ended up shooting the male at 21 yards. First shot in the chest. Second shot in his chest as he faced me head on. I retrieved that bullet from under his hide in the hind quarter. It retained 90% and expanded to about the size of a quarter. Quite an experience!
Apologies for hijacking the thread.

Attachments

• IMG_2151.jpg
    IMG_2151.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 100
Well it's settled then, he's getting an H&H to cure his boredom... And don't get one of those cheap *** $20 grand ones either!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts