Garmin Exlplorer

Blacktail

Anyone used or done more research then me on the new Explorer with texting capabilities.? I have an old 60cx and wanting to upgrade and trying to decide if worth it or just get a cheaper inreach Delorme and use my phone and pair for texting and use the phone as my main gps and the delorm gps as a backup. obvioulsy dont want more than I need. For those that have them is it easy to sync with the earthmate app and how do you like that version vs onyx maps.? Thanks doing some solo deer and elk hunts this year and trying to narrow this down.

I honestly dont know if this will help you. But.... I use a delorme se for texting..and a garmin montana for gps. The garmins a worlds better than the delorme for gps use. But for communication... delorme works great when all you have is sat for coverage. Especially the texting. Much better than the sat phones i tried where calls kept dropping and it took forever to get your coversation across. Instead text a whe message and send. When connection made the whole coversation sent.

So do u carry the Montana the Delorme and a cell? I want it primarily for the texting. But my old 60cx needs a new card and getting beat up. I Keep phone for pics and at times download maps first and use my phone for gps but last year in Alaska onyx sucked and didnt work very wel at all.

So do u carry the Montana the Delorme and a cell? I want it primarily for the texting. But my old 60cx needs a new card and getting beat up. I Keep phone for pics and at times download maps first and use my phone for gps but last year in Alaska onyx sucked and didnt work very wel at all.
The montana model i have will take pictures as well. So i dont bother with the cell when i am in areas where i am never going to be in cell coverage.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.