Free bore 260 remington

Craveman85

I've got a remington 700 at hart barrels that getting the shot out 243 tube swapped out for a 26" varmint contour 260 rem barrel. They have 2 260 reamers available. One is saami spec the other has a minimum freebore of .020". This is my first custom barrel and I'm not quite sure which one to go with. I'm not really sure what the freebore is on a saami spec chamber. I haven't reloaded 260 remington yet so I don't have dies or a dummy cartridge available. I'm still not sure on what bullets I'll be using. I'm kinda leaning towards the lead free copper bullets at the moment but may get into the vld style bullets at some time and will be using the rifle as a repeater. I believe the factory mag well allows 2.880" coal and I wouldn't mind going with a watts extended magazine that lets you seat at 2.990". It will mainly be a hunting rifle. Which chamber would you guys go with? Are there any advantages to either one? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.