Form 4 Update

My buddy, former cop, and also has purchased several other Class III items over the years, had to wait **** near a year for his Form-4 to come back for his 10.5" DD MK18. He was pretty ****ed it took that long, because he put in for his before the whole suppressor-craze kicked off where everybody and their brother bought as many cans as they could before Odumbass' 41-F rule change took affect.

Thinking about Form-1 SBR'ing one of my lowers, since I already own it, so I can still be shooting it with the 16" uppers on it for now, until it gets approved...Then I can build a 10.5" upper for it.

Thinking about Form-1 SBR'ing one of my lowers, since I already own it, so I can still be shooting it with the 16" uppers on it for now, until it gets approved...Then I can build a 10.5" upper for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat with a billet 80% lower I have. Been thinking about buying my ticket for an SBR build on that. At least its only 200.00 and a year wait not nearly 1k with nothing to show for it....

Just got my form 4 stamp cleared after 11 mos. and went to the range today with it- a silencerco harvester 30. Really happy with it, my .260 was very quiet and felt like a .223.

After a year and six day wait I thought it was my turn to call ATF. They told me I was pending and that they were working on August September.

I would REALLY like a suppressor , BUT the thought of paying 1000 dollars for one AND 200 dollar tax , THEN waiting 1 year is too much for me. I quess the = Hearing Protection Act is dead in congress?? IF you can fill out a 4473 Forum and buy a pistol or rifle their is no reason you shouldnt be able to do the same with a suppressor

One year and one month, still pending. Needless to say I will not be buying any more.

Welcome to dealing with the gov.

I would REALLY like a suppressor , BUT the thought of paying 1000 dollars for one AND 200 dollar tax , THEN waiting 1 year is too much for me. I quess the = Hearing Protection Act is dead in congress?? IF you can fill out a 4473 Forum and buy a pistol or rifle their is no reason you shouldnt be able to do the same with a suppressor

Totally understandable, but the law is what it is until someone gets it changed. It took me right at a year to get mine, and let me tell you my daughter shot her buck from my tree stand this year with neither of us needing ear plugs. it was really nice.

Did you donate to the Clinton Foundation or perhaps just have friends in high places. This cutting in line just isn't fair. Still waiting.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.