• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale For Rent: 6.5 PRC AW2, 300 PRC AW2, 7 PRC AW reamer kits

charliehorse27

Available for rent are complete kits to fix your 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC, or 7 PRC if you're dealing with the infamous 'clickers'. I started getting them on the second firing on one of my rifles, and fixed the other ones preemptively.

The fix is simple and removes about .003" of material at the .20" mark in the chamber. This allows the brass to expand enough that a reloading die can size it back down and it won't get stuck anymore.

The how-to fix can be found here at Long Range Only:

The kit comes with the reamer of your choice, a t-handle, and cutting oil for $80 shipped to your door.

Feel free to PM me with questions.
IMG_9503.jpeg
IMG_9504.jpeg
IMG_7432.jpeg
IMG_7032.jpeg

Can this be done without removing the barrel from action? I have a 6.5 and just had another rifle converted to 7 PRC. I'm on my 3rd firing for brass on the 6.5 and haven't had any clickers yet but if and when I do I'm going to need to rent these...

Yes, absolutely can be done without taking the barrel off. I never have on any of the ones I've done. I just take the stock off, but the barreled action in a padded vise, and get to work. It's a very quick process. It seems like the 'clickers' come on quicker with hotter loads. If your rifle was custom, there's a good chance they already used a 6.5 PRC AW2 reamer when they chambered it.

I have a Proof prefit for Impact precision NBK on the 6.5, just sent Proof an email asking if they use the AW2. I know my 7 PRC was not reamed because I asked my smith about it when I picked up the gun....

I have a Proof prefit for Impact precision NBK on the 6.5, just sent Proof an email asking if they use the AW2. I know my 7 PRC was not reamed because I asked my smith about it when I picked up the gun....
Proof will respond with "we use a proprietary reamer to our specifications".

In a way Proof responded to my question. They said their reamers are custom made by a local machine shop to SAAMI specs, so no they do not address the clicker issue.