Fiocchi .223 and .204 Ammo

Monttrap04

I load for everything .22-250 and larger that I shoot. Can't quite bring myself to load for my .223s with the price of factory ammo. Just picked up a .204 yesterday also to shoot prairie dogs this spring/summer and figured I would just run some factory ammo through it to build a brass stock.

Anybody shooting the Fiocchis loaded with vmax? How was the accuracy/consistency? How good is the brass?

I am thinking 40 grain in the .223 and 32 in the .204.

The .223 will be ran through a mix of bolt guns and ARs. Any issues with the Fiocchis in an AR platform?

Thanks in advance.

In 2011 my buddy who doesn't reload bought the 55gr softpoint Fiocchi. It was outstanding out of an AR. Shot and got hits out past 500 yards.

Good luck

Jerry

Bass is so so. Lots of the flash holes are off center. Way off center. I sort them and use the off center ones for plinking. Pockets seem to hold up pretty well. Flash holes also need deburring but some of the flash holes are so off center that the debur tool won't work...

brass is ok, reuse a lot of it for plinking ammo, have better brass for the good stuff. As for accuracy, I use the fiocchi 69gr exacta match as my go to factory testing round with new 223 rifles. I've gotten better accuracy with their factory ammo than most of my reloads.....most. I get better than 1moa with the 50gr tipped varmint loads out of my 20in dpms ar15.

My hunting buddy uses them for the same reason you are .

I cant tell you his colt competition model built for colt by Bold Ideas gets slightly less than 1/2 groups @100 on a calm day .....

Im not sure what your twist is but i would consider the 50 v max fiocchi over the 40,,, i think it will get you and extra 75 yards maybe even more . I know my 1-9 20" Eagle Arms action master AR rarely missed at 450 yards using the 52 grain A-max on a calm day, out in the Roundup MT area.....

The 40 Fiocchi's shoot well in my Tikka 1-8" twist. Kids have killed a bunch of sage rats with them.

Never reloaded them.

I have been using the FMJ Fiocchi out of my Mossberg MVP varmint. It groups OK.The groups are about 1.5" higher than my Hornady ammo. I buy it at Dick's on sale. Sale price is $69.99 plus I always have a $10 coupon which brings it down to $59.99 for 200 rounds. It work with no problem in my Mini-14 also BTW.

Agree with the flash holes are not centered. I broke a decapping pin. Okay for accuracy

I shoot the 40 & 50 223's & the 32 204's. I can beat them with my Lapua brass reloads, but just a little bit.

For the ridiculous price, it's the best value on the market. And it buy the 200 rounds in the Plano plastic carry box when on sale & the plastic box is nice & comes in handy for storage or range trips.

I myself for the price don't even bother with collecting the fired brass.

I know this is not the ammo in question but I'd like to mention my Cooper Phoenix in 22-250. The cheap Winchester 45gr. jhp ammo in the white boxes of 40, my rifle just shoots stupid one hole groups with it at 100 yards. I can't beat it reloading.

Jim D

Thanks for all the responses guys. I actually picked up a heavy barrel remington .223 (one of the older ones) for cheap cause it was in rough shape. Took it home, cleaned it up, put it in a better stock, put a decent VX3 6.5-20 on it and proceeded to shoot several sub 1/2 MOA groups at 100 and 200 with the 55 grain fiocchi's. Anytime a $225 rifle shoots 1/2 MOA with the cheapest factory ammo I can find I am happy :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.