finding a hunting group (boise)

Bnp1088

How does one find an elk hunting group. It seems like most are lone hunters (which even though i've been hunting for 10 + years am not comfortable with nor do i have the knowledge to do so) or already have a full group.

My suggestion would be to get involved with some groups where folks share the same interests, i.e. local RMEF volunteers, help on clean up days at the local gun club, etc.

Just wanting to join a hunting group, is not gonna get you in. Successful groups are founded on friendships, work related relationships and family bonds, for the most part. People want to share their sport with those who they know they can depend on.

That being said, wyosteve was right about involving yourself in related activities. Make friends first. Prove yourself to be dependable and helpful, and the invites will come your way. Good Luck

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.