Finally had a custom gun built. Proof/7mm Rem

the444shooter

Full sendero taper, Rem700 action, blueprinted, 7mm Rem Mag, 1:8.24", throated for VLD, cerakote sniper gray, threaded 5/8x24, stockys/AG composites M50 stock, Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 CDSZL, and DNZ one piece mount.

Got the stock/barrel combo from Stockys and had a local guy put it together.

Quick group from the first range session, 5 shots of factory Hornady 162 ELD-X. Knew that I pulled the top shot, which was #4, and then shot #5 which sucked down with the others

Attachments

• IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1,056
  • IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 910
Thanks--that's why I went w/ the 44mm objective. I was able to get away with the "low" DNZ mount and I can fit 5 sheets of printer paper under the objective. Which I considered to be decent enough to account for flex. I hope so, anyways.

I don't have the weight handy--best I can say is that it feels just as heavy as my Remington 700 SPS 30-06 w/ Grayboe stock & VX3 4.5-14x40. Most importantly is the balance--handles like a sporter, even w/ the 27" barrel.

I don't have the weight handy--best I can say is that it feels just as heavy as my Remington 700 SPS 30-06 w/ Grayboe stock & VX3 4.5-14x40. Most importantly is the balance--handles like a sporter, even w/ the 27" barrel.

Looks great.

I've been eyeing those M50 stocks myself. How does the quality seem to compare with say an McM or Manners?

It obviously shoots well!

I like the M50 a lot, but I'm not sure about quality between McM and Manners, because I'd be speaking out of turn from a materials/engineering standpoint. They sure seem to be nice. My only complaint is that on the first one I bought for my .308, the texture was REALLY rough, so it hurts to shoot without a cheek pad. The one I put on this 7mm is a lot smoother. Night and day difference.

Now that McM has the Mc3 and Grayboe has some new offerings, I'll probably start looking there, since there is a significant price difference, for essentially the "same" quality/features to this uneducated yokel.

View attachment 79007 Great build brother. Very similar setup as yours and I have been nothing but pleased. Been shooting 180s and love it. Congrats brother

Remmy 700, can you tell me weith of your rifle without the bipod?

I'll be building the following this winter. Trying to determine approximate finished weight.

Stockys LR VG2 Carbon Fiber Stock
Proof Research Barrel in .284- 24" Sendero Light 1:8.44 Twist
Remington 700 Receiver L/A Magnum Stainless
Flute Bolt, M-16 Extractor, Skeletonize handle, Custom Bolt Knob, Speedlock firing pin, Custom firing pin Shroud
Trigger Tech Trigger
BDL Bottom Metal
Recoil Lug
2 Piece 20 MOA Scope Bases
Full Length Action Stock Bedding
Thread & Crown Muzzle w/ Timed side discharge brake & thread protector
Chambering in 7 RM.
Topped off with VX-6 in 4-24x52 (Mongo)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.