Fierce edge Opinions?

Jerry D

I'm looking for some feedback on Fierce edge models.

I'm looking for a left handed rifle and they are on the same price level as a cooper.

I understand the action is a sako with tighter tolerances much like others are done the same off the rem 700. It appears bedded on a rear pillar and a front bedding block.

I'm interested because I'm looking for a high quality synthetic stock rifle with a bolt throw less than 90 degrees in left hand. Cooper doesn't make synthetic rifles in left hand.

What type of costs would one be getting into on a full custom build with a stiller or defiance type action with an mcmillian edge stock with a bdl and timney trigger or manners eh stock as comparison to a cooper or basic Fierce edge?

I've read that fierce had delivery problems and some others mechanical issues but those posts are from 2014 and 2015. I've heard every thing is all fixed up now.

Thanks!

I would say your best option is don't waste your money on one of them. They are pourly made and high priced. Get a ridgeline you'll be better off.

I will have a CT Edge I will be doing a review on hopefully by the end of the month. I have two Ridgelines. I don't think you build a custom of the same quality for the same price these days. I really like the feel of the Edge and they have a .5 MOA guarantee. I have heard some complain of fit and finish but I can not see what they are talking about. Saying they are poorly made is ridiculous. I won't discount a problem someone may have had with one but what company is perfect? My two Ridgelines shoot well under .5. Coopers are very nice rifles as well. I have two varmint rifles that I absolutely love.

$5,000 on your full custom, or get a Proof Research for a little over $5,000

I like the EDGE saw one at Cabelas. On The Christiansen guns go the Summit rout

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.