Favorite Hunting Story Contest

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
The main reason I started this site was to post my own stories and read those of others. We really don't have many being posted so.....

Between now and February 29, 2004 (leap year)we will have a contest for your favorite hunting stoy. Eligible will be any new ones posted starting with today's date. Sorry DK, LB, BM. Write a new one to qualify.

Winner will receive a Cabela's gift certificate in the amount of $100. Winner will be decided by member voting. I'll talk about that procedure around March 1.

You have two weeks to get your story submitted.

I'm really just doing this so I have good stories to read for myself. Come on! Get going. Turn off the boob tube and start typing.

I am thinking we will vote on the story contest winner by having you email me with your choice. Wait until after February 29, of course.

I think there are a few eligible entries that came in after the contest started but which aren't currently in the "story" thread. Let's try to locate them where they were originally posted and I will copy/paste them into the "story" thread before the end of the month.

OK, we are ready to vote on the best story. Just send me a short email telling me who you think wrote the best story.

I'll be in Homer, Alaska the next five days shooting Bald Eagles (with a camera). See you later.

Hey..........where are all the voting emails?
smile.gif

And the winner is..........Q-Wagoner for his coyote hunting story titled: "Better Lucky Than Good!" Write to me with your email address so I can email to you the gift certificate. (Click on "Contact Us" below)

I enjoyed reading all the stories, thanks to all who participated.

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.