Father's Day Wilderness Fishing ...

FEENIX

A bit late but 7 of us spent 3-days of hard (fun that is
tiphat.gif
) wilderness fishing at Canoe Lake Saskatchewan on Father's Day weekend and met our limit on walleye and northern pike everyday.

Didn't take much picture but there were only 6 boats on the entire lake (4 from MT, 3 of which is from my group, and 2 locals).

The fishing grounds ...

P1030839A_zpsg2xgtjbe.jpg
P1030841A_zpsrxzgi5lp.jpg

P1030842A_zpsyt8pi1md.jpg

No monsters but here's just some catch of the day ...

P1030828B_zpspoozddj4.jpg

P1030824A_zpskav7upew.jpg

P1030832B_zpspbk3frz4.jpg

P1030835A_zps4lung04n.jpg

P1030837A_zps63ervtza.jpg

At one time my buddy and I hooked on 30+ pike at a pike a minute pace but only kept 3 for lunch ... we had a blast.
anim_wave.gif

Beautiful pictures, and some nice fish too! Those walleye are pigs! The bite is just starting to pick up here on Lake Sakakawea, my brother and I picked up our limit (5 a piece) two weeks ago and from what ive heard its gotten even better since then.

Nice pictures Ed. My father and I spent some time bear hunting near Little Canoe Lake, which I believe is in the same area...
The fishing was just as good..

Beautiful pictures, and some nice fish too! Those walleye are pigs! The bite is just starting to pick up here on Lake Sakakawea, my brother and I picked up our limit (5 a piece) two weeks ago and from what ive heard its gotten even better since then.

Riley, they are indeed; too bad the provincial limit is only 1 (used to be 3) for walleye and 5 for pike!

Nice pictures Ed. My father and I spent some time bear hunting near Little Canoe Lake, which I believe is in the same area...
The fishing was just as good..

Joel, owner (Harold) of the Canoe Lake West Resort used to guide/outfit bear hunting but gave it up a few years ago. They have some monster bears in the area

Thanks guys!

Ed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts