Fake Nightforce nxs?

aahardman

Has anyone ever seen a fake nightforce nxs? I'm looking at a used one and so far everything seems check out but it's close to being too good to be true. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_3577.JPG
    IMG_3577.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 860
Looks legit in the picture. I haven't heard of anybody getting an imitation NF but I guess it could happen. I would look carefully at the reticle to make sure it matches up with the NF design, and check the zero stop. A cheap knock off would likely not have that feature. Another good test would be to pick up a brick in one hand and the scope in the other. If they weigh the same its most likely an authentic Nightforce scope.

It was $850. It turned out to be a scam.

I have to drive a few hours away to get it. I talked with the guy for awhile to set everything up to pick it up, then he changed saying he couldn't meet anymore and could only ship. I've delt with a few scams and this was the most convincing.

He even send me a picture of his drivers lisense which I found out to be stolen. He had multiple pictures of the optic I searched long and hard and couldn't find them online. This guy really put in some effort to rip people off.

Good call,
If I spend more than 500$ I always offer to pick it up if it's with in 4 hours of my home. This usually separates the scammers.

Good call,
If I spend more than 500$ I always offer to pick it up if it's with in 4 hours of my home. This usually separates the scammers.

I usually "just so happens have a brother that lives there and he'll pick it up, evaluate it and pay you". If it's a scam all I usually here is "click".

I had this happen to me on this site last year:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f40/leica-vector-viper-ii-173042/

When this fella dropped the price to $3,500 it got my attention but seemed too good to be true. Then my wife said I could have it and I knew it was too good to be true!:D
If he was anywhere near driving distance I would have taken the wife on a little vacation and went to look it over. Offered to meet him at his local police department and he wouldn't even tell me what state he was in. Plus wouldn't send me the serial number to verify it as not government property and/or stolen.

It was $850. It turned out to be a scam.

I have to drive a few hours away to get it. I talked with the guy for awhile to set everything up to pick it up, then he changed saying he couldn't meet anymore and could only ship. I've delt with a few scams and this was the most convincing.

He even send me a picture of his drivers lisense which I found out to be stolen. He had multiple pictures of the optic I searched long and hard and couldn't find them online. This guy really put in some effort to rip people off.

Can you post his name (name he used), and other info? Might prevent someone else some heartache if they fall for his scam.

I know that you have found out this was a shame case,but I just wanted to weigh in with my own advice on nightforce scopes. If the price seems really good be aware it may very well be shot loose. I have had and been around several nightforce scopes that have shot loose over the years. Usually they will fix them but just be aware.

I have had and been around several nightforce scopes that have shot loose over the years. Usually they will fix them but just be aware.

I have too, but then again I have been around $4,000+ scopes that have failed. They are mechanical devices and so prone to failure to some point. It's not a question of if but when. The good news is the Nightforce NXS is known (world wide I might add) for it's reliability.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.