Explained flyers but how do I fix

You're Right!
I get worked up.
tbrice23,
Happens to all of us. Some days are better than others though. Just let the last shot go. Take a breath, relax, squeeeeeeze. Getting upset just raises your hear rate and gets that little voice going in your head and starts you thinking. Thinking bad. I have learned that you cant hit a baseball, golfball or a hockey puck well if you are thinking about it. The conscious brain gets in the way. If its just a bad day. Pack it up and go home. Makes no sense to frustrate yourself and ingrain bad habits. Brian Enos and Lanny Bashhams books mention this conscious/unconscious battle. Good reads.

tbrice23,
Happens to all of us. Some days are better than others though. Just let the last shot go. Take a breath, relax, squeeeeeeze. Getting upset just raises your hear rate and gets that little voice going in your head and starts you thinking. Thinking bad. I have learned that you cant hit a baseball, golfball or a hockey puck well if you are thinking about it. The conscious brain gets in the way. If its just a bad day. Pack it up and go home. Makes no sense to frustrate yourself and ingrain bad habits. Brian Enos and Lanny Bashhams books mention this conscious/unconscious battle. Good reads.
Either that or have someone stab me in the neck with a syringe full of Xanax before the 5th shot. Lol.:rolleyes:

yes it can. Try shooting a 223 at long range. My node is only .3 grains wide. To the op, your problem is either case capacity differences, charge weight (2/10ths aint gonna cut it for serious long range work) or neck tension. If all 3 arn't right, you get fliers.

Well I certainly agree with you on all your points. .2 grains in a .223 at say 40 grains of powder is percentage wise much different than his rifle at 70 to 80 grains of powder.

Aright went out yesterday with a new approach which was f/;(() groups I went for consistant hits shooting off the bi-pods and hit everything I was aiming at from 300 to 913 dialing back to zero after every shot it was great I got some practice on a hog saddle too that thing was pretty cool. Good day for sure.

Morning, have u changed powders? I shoot a 300win. 78.5grs 4831sc, win brass, fed 215, 165gr sierra's and Rem. 180grs bronze pits shoot to the same hole. I neck size, until shows chambering is tight, then fl.. 10 shots .50 group. I have been shooting this load for years, never had a problem.

Wilson barrel 26.5 ss with vais mb. rem. left hand action, glass bed, H&S prec. stock. Nickel plated action, this is a tack driving demon.

T U M just countrylightbulb

SCOPE? Shooting a 24X scope now I realize that it's humanly impossible to see a .25 inch to .5 +/- from the pin on a target. Anything under (say) 18X scope your just fooling yourself.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.