Escalante Safaris

goodgrouper

I don't know about other states, but in Utah there is really only one sheep guide. Escalante Safaris. They very much encourage long range shots if the hunter can do it. Saves them the worry of trying to sneak up on sharp eyed rams.

I thought you guided for desert sheep. ?????

While I know where most of the sheep are in most of the units, I do not guide professionally although I have been called into action several times with the aforementioned outfitter for those "long shot" plans. That's how I know they like the long range kill if possible.

When "guiding" on my own, I don't call it guiding since I do it for free and I don't want the government b.s and red tape to cut through.

So are you from Utah? I am getting very close to drawing the Kapairowitz East tag and will be looking for all the help I can get. Do they guide in that unit also? Do you know much about that unit? You can pm me with contact information. Thanks

So are you from Utah? I am getting very close to drawing the Kapairowitz East tag and will be looking for all the help I can get. Do they guide in that unit also? Do you know much about that unit? You can pm me with contact information. Thanks

Yes. Both in Utah.

I've hunted the E. Kap many times. How much do I know about it? Well, let's put it this way, the wildlife biologist for that area used to call ME about information about the sheep in the unit!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.