Elk - 2014 LRH Group Hunt

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
[FLOATRIGHT]
Elk2012000-small.jpg
[/FLOATRIGHT]Here is the announcement for our LRH Group Hunt for elk in the Wyoming mountains in 2014. This is the same elk hunt that we did last October, 2013.

=======================================
Please read all the way to the end to learn of:
  • New 2nd hunt camp that is now available with same outfitter
  • NO POINTS REQUIRED FOR SIGNUP
=======================================

A report on the 2013 hunt is HERE.

To reserve for 2014 you must first indicate in the forum thread your commitment to immediately send in a deposit check to the outfitter. Download the booking form HERE, print out and mail to the outfitter. Indicate on the Booking Form that you are signing up for the 2014 LRH Group Elk Hunt. You also must email me when you have placed the check in the mail to the outfitter. Let me know your LRH screen name, your real name and contact info. [email protected]

Bull elk hunt:
•Hunt cost is $4,195
•License cost is $577 (Regular Draw 2013), or $1,057 (Special Draw 2013)
Non-Typical Outfitters
•Total of 8 hunters this time
•Bull elk
•85% success rate but even better than that for those in good shape and good shooters
•Horseback
•Tent camp
•High country wilderness (7,000 to 8,000 feet)
•Long Range friendly outfitter
•Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
•Oct. 20-24, 2014 (a 5 day hunt)
•Deposit of $500 is only requirement until successful draw in 2014
•One elk Preference point needed in Regular Draw. No points needed for the more expensive Special Draw.
•Wyoming general state wide tag
•Buy one preference point now HERE -- by September 30
•You snooze, you lose!

Last edited:
Here is a comment from the Non-Typical Outfitter's website:

2012 was another good year for elk hunting at Non-Typical Outfitters. It was our first year operating our new camp and it was a great success! We started the year with an archery hunt chasing some 340"-350" class bulls. One bull in particular we dubbed "Romeo". We had several close calls with Romeo, but in the end our archery hunter took another nice bull on his last day. Romeo survived the rifle season, barely, and we will be looking for him again this coming fall.
Overall, we harvested some great bulls and had a lot of fun. We had shots fired at a 320"-330" type of bull two different times, with no blood drawn. Another big 6 point over 300" should have been in our photo line up this year as well. We will have plenty of big bulls to hunt in 2013 and there will be more fun to be had!
Our new camp sports one of the best bull to cow ratios in the state. We have located some bulls on the winter range that are in the 350" to 370" class. To say the least, we are excited about the future

Here are some pictures from their 2012 hunts.

Attachments

• Elk2012001.jpg
    Elk2012001.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Elk2012002.jpg
    Elk2012002.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Elk2012003.jpg
    Elk2012003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Elk2012004.jpg
    Elk2012004.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Elk2012010.jpg
    Elk2012010.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Elk2012011.jpg
    Elk2012011.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 29
And a couple more...

Attachments

• Elk2012012.jpg
    Elk2012012.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Elk2012014.jpg
    Elk2012014.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 29
Todd from ND called me just now for the 2nd time. His wife said: "Yes, honey, I love you so much that I wouldn't think of not letting you go on this fabulous hunt!" :)

Actually, I don't know exactly what she said but Todd says it was some form of "yes" and he's in.

Todd from ND called me just now for the 2nd time. His wife said: "Yes, honey, I love you so much that I wouldn't think of not letting you go on this fabulous hunt!" :)

Actually, I don't know exactly what she said but Todd says it was some form of "yes" and he's in.

Thanks Len! Yes, I'm in. I'll mail the check on Tuesday.

I have spoken with the owners at non-typical and I believe I'm going to be in on this as well. I sent you an email Len. My only issue is that I won't know for sure if I can get those weeks for vacation until about mid Oct. I suppose I will go ahead and send my deposit, and If for some reason I cant get those weeks then perhaps someone would like to purchase my deposit. I'm going to apply for my preference point tomorrow. When is the actual drawing for the tags held. In other words when will I know for sure that I have a tag and will actually be able to go on this hunt. If I don't get drawn for this I plan to make other arrangements. I have waited years to go on an elk hunt and I decided 2014 was going to be the year. SO, I plan to hunt an elk somewhere in 2014. Hopefully it will be with you guys. My Dad will be coming along as a non hunting guest. I see this is a 2on1 guided hunt so if there is anyone else here that is planning to go and would like to partner up and work as a shooter spotter team send me a PM. I live in KY so if you are close enough perhaps we can get together and do some shooting. I have access to some pretty good shooting facilities.

Len, I'm in for the 2014 elk hunt. Depost will be in the mail tomorrow.
Email also sent to you

Last edited:
Len, we talked last week. I'd like to bring myself and 2 others. That would be for 3 hunting spots. Do you have room? Where do I send the check? Do I send you the money for the license or apply myself?

I just got home last night. Looks like we've been busy committing.

So do we have:

Hornhunter32 for 1

backyardsniper for 1 plus non-hunter guest

huntinfool18 for 1

Fdhoward for 3

Len B. for 1

I'll have to check but Robb and I may have changed this to 8 LRH hunters PLUS me. If that's correct there's room for 2 more if those above actually send in their stuff.

So guys out there who are still on the fence, there is still room for you today.

Send deposit and contract to outfitter. Buy point this week and tell outfitter when it is done.

Preference point purchased, I even got one for mule deer as well. If this hunt goes good maybe I'll be back in 2015 for the deer. I have the hunt application form printed and filled out I'll have it and the deposit in the mail shortly.

Contract and deposit for myself sent to the outfitter.
I might have missed this but I'm assuming this is a general tag for Wyoming residents?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.