Electronic Muffs

I hope your surgery goes well. I always kind of laugh to myself when I see guys wearing muffs to mow the lawn, but the last two times out I **** near got a stick in the eyeball. I'll be wearing specs from here on out, and might just join the crowd on the muffs as well.

Thanks guys. I've never been bashful about sharing my stupid mistakes in the hopes they'll help others.

A few years ago I had to do a whole lot of chainsaw work and resisted when my wife insisted I get a hard hat and face shield. The first big limb that hit me in the head she looked pretty smart! The wire mesh face shields are amazing and you can breathe just fine with them.

Thats a brutal accident that ive never even considered. Heal well!
On the list of ******* things I've gotten myself into it's pretty high.

The accident wasn't near as bad as having to pull it out myself and then drive myself to the ER.

The surgery seems to have gone well and at least partial hearing is returning as all the swelling goes down and that's a blessing for sure. My right ear has been shot for thirty years and the idea of walking around here with all the rattlesnakes and not being able to hear them was making me reconsider my future outdoor utility. You really need at least decent hearing and both ears working to some degree or even though you can hear them it's really hard to figure out where they are if you can't see them.

Last year the wife and I were out looking over our new property walking through tall grass on a hot day when I realized I'd just stepped over about a five footer. I stopped her and froze mid stride long enough for him to slither off from between my feet. Had I not heard the little tick of a rattle as he woke up that could have ended badly.

Still amazes me as many hogs as we have on that place that there's even one snake left of any kind but man, it's thick with them. In four years we've killed over a hundred and fifty on it.

Maybe some electronic hearing devices(not necessarily muffs) can restore you back to your former self in the hearing dept. Sad to hear you contemplating your future in the outdoors. It's something we shall both face some day, but today is not that day i hope.
Best wishes

Maybe some electronic hearing devices(not necessarily muffs) can restore you back to your former self in the hearing dept. Sad to hear you contemplating your future in the outdoors. It's something we shall both face some day, but today is not that day i hope.
Best wishes
I've got about half of it back so far and that's a huge improvement from none. I'll be fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.