Duluth Trading Fleece lined winter pants

Litehiker

First off, thanks Len for adding this forum to the list. It may take a while but I think it will become a popular forum.

Duluth Trading Co. is now selling nylon twill cargo pants with full fleece lining. About $89. plus S&H. Good for active work in cold weather because they are warm but not too hot, as a synthetic fiber insulated pant would be.

I got a pair and really like them.
FEATURES:
1. nylon twill shell W/ 200 weight fleece lining
2. cargo pockets W/ vertical zippers to access contents while sitting
3. large crotch gusset for roomy comfort when climbing, etc. (Unlike a cheap hotel they have "ballroom".)
4. nylon belt W/ QR plastic buckle
5. elastic section at back of waist
6. zippered security pocket parallel to right top pocket
7. double knees

These pants are a much better buy than the $130. Rail Riders fleece lined nylon pants. And they have a great guarantee.

Eric B.

First off, thanks Len for adding this forum to the list.

Eric

I appreciate and respect what you and other key backpacking members bring to LRH.

Thank you so much!

Plus I have a very selfish reason for adding it......

I now am addicted to alpine backpacking.....:)

Well I'm sold. Also, just got a pair of the fire hose standard work pants with the side pockets, these things are awesome. If you looking for a pair of rough work pants or outdoor pants, these are the best things since sliced bread.!!

UPDATE:
I wore my Duluth Trading fleece lined nylon cargo pants again this past weekend (Feb. 24, 25 ski camping at 8,500 ft. I wore them over light Under-Armor long johns and they were perfect, even at +5 F.

On the way home I didn't wear my GTX gaiters but the Duluth pants withstood my metal ski edges pretty well with no cuts. The weave of the nylon shell is very tight and no wind got through yet they breathed well enough that I didn't notice any moisture buildup.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.