Drew my first moose tag!

matt_3479

Last year a party i hunt with all tried to get a moose tag and we were unsuccessful. We ended up just going bear hunting and were unsuccessful there as well. We got a call about 3 weeks ago from guys who live up near where we hunt and he said they have seen 9 bulls, 3 cows and 4 calves. 3 of the bulls were 45" plus.

Yesterday my party called to find out what we drew and my old man and myself both drew bull tags and were going up the second week of October. Just thought i should share cause im excited all ready.

Congradulations I hope you both tag out . what state did you draw in ??

Bigbuck

Actually its not state its a Province. Ontario to be exact. some of the most beautiful country i have ever hunted on. I am so excited to hopefully fill my tag. Theres a group of american fellows that own a place near ours where we hunt and last year they took a 57" 1100 lbs bull moose and a few years before that they took a 63" bull. The guys that go with us every year have successfully taken a moose almost every year. Hopefully its my turn

Wisconsin_Boy;

Our spot is a little past Hearst Ontario. Its a little place called Oba. Way back when it was a booming town that had a really good gold mine but when they couldn't find any more gold it was deserted and made the best isolated hunting spot. The current population is 9 people living there and 2 of them are hunting guides and 2 of them are trappers so its easy to make friends and all of them know the best of the best spots. 2 hours down river we built a spot in the bush that we hunt as well.

Luckily that i drew the tag but unluckily we didn't fill either tag. Had an amazing trip though. This year is my first year elk hunting. I am a Canadian citizen and i drew a Montana elk tag as well as Deer tag and i literally cannot wait. I am on the edge of my seat just itching to go!! good thing is i can distract myself with turkey hunting which starts MONDAY!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.